aluminum hot body shocks??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
ok i just got a set of these shocks they are use so i am going to reuild them,the bodys are the same length as a stock savy shock but the shafts are like 1/2 inch longer the stockers
i am going ot use the stock savage shafts and all that for these
my question is this ,
the stockers have a O-ring in them whcih you all know that ,but these aluminum shocks have a bladder
there is a groove in the cap to hold the o-ring in place ,
will it be ok to use the rings instead of the bladders?

I swapped to o-rings in two of my hb shocks with mixed results. The shock bodies seem pretty thin walled to me, and I probably overtightened the cap as well, but I think it cut into the oring causing it to leak.

You may have this covered since you are using the stock shafts, the hb lower mount / pivot ball was shorter than the stocker and would would cause the spring holder to hit the a arms under droop.

Let us know how it works out.

well i just finished swapping everything around and refilling the shocks.
seems to have worked really well ,the stock savage shock shafts and pistons worked perfectly .and they seem stronger then with the hot bodies shafts which are about 1/2" longer then stockers
i should have gone a little heavier on the fluid i used 30wt and seems real soft ,but it may work well i will have to let you know
it will be alittle while before i actually getot run this darm thing i have to break in the new STS.28 then i will be able to tell you how well they work for sure .
but as for swapping stock shock parts inplace of the hot bodies
worked perfectly
oh btw: i used the hot bodies bladders in place of the O-rings they are a little small and get pushed right into the body

When I swapped my hot bodies shocks out I used the Hot Bodies pistons with Savage shock shafts and that worked really well. I only broke one shaft and that was after a nasty cartwheel with the Savage.

GOOD MORNING ALL,
ok i found that the stock pistons from t he savage will NOT work in these shocks .they are too small to create the pressure needed so you will need the others
but you can use the rods and seals from stockers
i am going to research and see if i can find aftermarket pistons like from rpm and see if they will fit