About to do a huge Nitro Rustler rebuild, any idea on what I should do to make it competitive against an electric Rustler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B7FC45FE-2914-4C87-A1EE-BB1554B9B6C7.jpeg
4acc88d9-1a21-4555-948c-94d980824553-jpeg.157083

Finally got it back together but I'm still waiting for that carb dust boot.

Way too large for a 1/10 ST.
You could definitely set up a big block .21 in a Rustler chassis and it'd really be the only thing helping you achieve the speed you need to beat a brushless or atleast a 3.3..
Brushless are ridiculously fast they can achieve 70+mph like nothing, but so can you with the right engine, tranny and spur gear set up. I've gotten my Rustler to go 65mph 👍 my goal is 70mph

Beat of luck in your goal. I’m not really educated on how nitro engines preform differently to other ones from different companies.
Beat of luck in your goal. I’m not really educated on how nitro engines preform differently to other ones from different companies.
Best

Last edited:
Get a good tuned pipe, proper tires, and most of all, practice driving it. 99% of winning is in the driving.
Absolutely! I made this tragic mistake when I raced my buggy and truggy! Had the fastest engines I could afford, great electronics but was beat every time by more skilled drivers. Should've saved that money and practiced more!

Back