'97 Chevy Blazer LS, any thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfreak

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been needing a new set of wheels for sometime. The powers that be have forced me into getting something now (totaled my ride yesterday on the ice). This means I won't be able to wait a couple of years to buy something new. I'll have to buy used.

Has anyone owned one of these Chevy Blazer suv's? They seem to come in several shapes and sizes: 2 door 4 door. I'm looking at a '97 "LS" right now. I suppose with a V6 they gobble down the gas. Anything notoriously wrong with them?

My bro had a '72 blazer... lifted 10" with 38.5 boggers.... gas efficient?? nope... good off road? Hell yeah! The newer blazers are pretty small compared to the old ones. The v6 doesn't gobble down gas like the v-8s...

nothing really sticks out in my head as a problem with them. i just looked up 97 4WD 4Drs for you. at AUCTION they are bringing $5-6k with between 60k-80k miles on them. with that in mind expect to pay about $6-7k for a nice one in great shape.
(dad is a dealer, i get access to manhiem auto auctions database)

Sounds about right. Two in town. Both have 87k on them. The one guy wants $8k for a 98 and the other guy wants 6500 for a 97. A dealer in NJ has one for $4K, but the mileage is high (120k). I need something that can seat the whole family (if need be) and something with enough cargo space that I can lay down the seats and get in my table, EZ-up, RC's and all my track stuff.

Which V6 does it have? DONT get one with the 2.9L. Them motors are garbage. 4.3L is the only way to go. Youll get pretty decent gas milage with that V6. Id say go for it, as long as the 2.9L isnt in it.

Back