2 speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozz_man89

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyoone know if traxxas is going to make a 2 speed transmission for the nitro rustler with the new 2.5, also the new traxxas motor is the best "stock" motor i think has ever been released.

Why would you need or want a 2-speed for the Rustler???

It is already scary fast like it is and with the 2.5 shoehorned in there, it is on the verge of being uncontrollable. A 2-speed at this point would be overkill.

Just my observation.

I called up traxxas for the hell of it and this is what they told me:
"we dont plan on releasing one because there wouldnt be a high enough demand in the sport world. Also, there would be a large amount of retrofitting to the rustler, in other words, the rustler would'ne be able to handle it with out significantly beefing up the drive train"

I personally beleive this is BS. They should come out with a 2-speed.

this is exactly what i think if traxxas would get RACE READY they would probably earn a little more respect in the aftermarket crowd. they could boost sales and everything to just consider racing i think everyone here should start a pact or sompthin and sighn it and send it to them if they see enough people want race quality products they may consider it

Back