12S Kraken VEKTA.5 is here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need a 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th job just to afford that. over and above the $50/hr I already make
Just quit eating for a few days. If you drink you can save more money. 🤣 that's what I did in my younger days. 🤪 Most of the cars I want are this scale now trying to add one a year.

Ya, I'm 67 now , don't drink at all ,maybe that's why I'm able to fool the wifey , but these parts weren't that much , but I'm selling all kinds of stuff to do this project , and I spent 3 hours today clearing snow at several places , earned $235 , which is more than half what I paid , like I tell my kids , if you want something , go get it !! Film at 11 , jeeeeze ! And ddm arrived also just now ! OOOOOOH BOYEEEEE!!!! I really believe all this is necessary to run the primal mega tires , and land a jump with a truck still in tact

17056189775022801027425277415183.jpg

Last edited:
Another perfect fit by Taylor rc !! I gotta hand it to kraken assemblers , unlike arrma , they know how to administer locktight very well , things came apart easily

IMG_20240119_105109865.jpg

O. M. G. !!!!! I took the thing out ,without the body, just to go through the motions , second time I took off from a stand still , hit the throttle to much evidently, it did a standing still backflip and broke body mounts and and front shock standoff , this thing turns those huge tires , effortlessly!!! O. M. G. !!!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I was pretty much speechless , then I couldn't stop laughing,,,,, this is insane power , I can't believe it , I've got a hobbywing 800kv I was gunna bust out for this thing , oh H ,,E,,double hockey sticks NO !!!

Decided not to trim the body , I ordered some hex exstentions , it needs a little more width , definitely, raising that ESC TRAY for the dual servo setup , brought up the c.g. ,plus I really believe the battery tray is to high also ,so more width is a no-brainer I geuss

I got the 1"hex exstentions, wasn't quite enuff , so I decided against the 2" exstentions and did some trimming, then moved the screws back 2" and put some E6000 on the open edge and braces , pretty solid stuff , didn't want to but mods r mods 👍😵‍💫😵‍💫

IMG_20240201_155907417.jpg

IMG_20240201_155847541.jpg

Took the beast out for the first real run , motor heated right up just like the vesla stock motor did , Mike king at kraken was great , he sent me the 12s motor for the 8s set up , but the kraken 12s motor isn't up to the task , so I put the hobbywing 800kv in and I'll see how it does before putting in a fan , I couldn't just let that beast hang there un supported so I put in one of my ptaeneted motor supports 🤣👍

IMG_20240203_162856540_HDR.jpg

That thing is really tight fitted , took a couple different screws to get it right , but it works perfectly guys , I live three blocks from WFO RC , I told him about this three years ago and three weeks later he's making and selling the crap out of specific motor fitting braces , but I'm not seeing any KICKBACKS !! 😡

Would anyone know why my hobbywing program card won't work on my new VEKTA5 E , ESC ? Some king of remarketing ploy !!???? 😡😡😵‍💫😵‍💫

Back