is there any good budget friendly 1/5 waterproof servo for Offroad cars ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Yes
like the topic

Is there any good WATERPROOF one ?

Budget 150bucks

I have order this one for less than 15 bucks LOL
to start with

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...views-p1581629.html?akmClientCountry=America&

Racerstar DS2060HV 180° 62KG Metal Gear Digital Servo For 1/5 HPI BAJA MCD RCMAX

NOW US$13.79
WAS US$51.99

FUNNY thing is that i know that this servo is strong and great to 1/5 cars.

78b04963-d61a-4b3f-91b6-3ea54d72c962.JPG.webp

Issue is that is it not waterproof?

I need one waterproof.

Or maybe just do this corroX oil thing to protect it?

I have read one guy bash this servo hard in Kraton 1/5 8s one year now
without issues.
The stock Spektrum broke after couple runs only he said.

I will have it in my new Kraton 1/5 8s EXB
Any great budget advice here?

Last edited:
Buy some conformal coating. Pull the servo apart and coat the PCB with it. Presto. Waterproof. If water gets in it, it can still mess things up though. But it will be better than nothing.

do you mean PlastiDip ? i used that in my savage 6s flux 10years ago, that esc was not waterproof stock, after i plasti Dip it inside i was able to drive at the sea and in snow with no issues :)
Buy some conformal coating. Pull the servo apart and coat the PCB with it. Presto. Waterproof. If water gets in it, it can still mess things up though. But it will be better than nothing.

No, it's called conformal coating. It's a waterproofing coating for electronics.

Electronic gurus swear by it. I don't drive my RC's in water because it just does other damage over time. Bearings, rust, etc. So I have only used it a couple times. It worked on the WPL stuff I used it on. Truck went underwater just fine.

Electronic gurus swear by it. I don't drive my RC's in water because it just does other damage over time. Bearings, rust, etc. So I have only used it a couple times. It worked on the WPL stuff I used it on. Truck went underwater just fine.

i have order one bottle.
I believe in this product :)

dont be afraid of water, its fun.
Just wash and spray silicone after, shines like brand new
Rubber bearings, use grease and 1drop speed oil (special mix) , and they last long time.
I also use dust cover that i spray with waterproof gore tex spray 4-5 times a year
I have Dusty cover 5xl to my 1/5 Kraton on way

Last edited:
Back