1/8 scale truggy shocks for supermaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiKeNiT503

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am finishing a supermaxx that i have purchased recently and it needs a few things including shocks! I am using mugen mbx6 truggy fronts that i just purchased off of ebay. I was talking to one of the guys at my lhs and he says i should use the rears and one of the other guys that has a built supermaxx said to use fronts. I purchased the fronts! Did i do the right thing? Sorry if this is a novice question, any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:\

Should have got the rears. The old UE Supermaxx shocks were very similar to the Ofna rear buggy shocks. I put the UE shocks on my sons T-Maxx. The fronts will probably be too short.

misc3081.jpg

Mugen mbx6t front shocks

should have got the rears. The old ue supermaxx shocks were very similar to the ofna rear buggy shocks. I put the ue shocks on my sons t-maxx. The fronts will probably be too short.

misc3081.gif

i received my first 2 shocks in the mail yesterday! I think the fronts may have been the right choice. The shocks are so big around that i have to mount the shocks at the bottom of the ue supermaxx shock towers to clear the shock caps. The shocks barely fit in the ue upper control arms. If you have any suggestions let me know....thanks for the reply and the info! I can never get too many opinions!:)

I know you said the shocks in the picture are ofna but can you tell me the exact model of shock they are and where i might find them? Thanks a ton!

Ofna LX one rear shocks are the closest shock to the UE super shocks you will find.
The shock shaft is just slightly longer than the super shocks and you will need to use the Ofna shock cap bushing if you using the UE 6mm standoffs.

I use the LX1 rear shocks quite regularly on a Maxx platform with great results.
You can find them cheap on EBay. If you find them with the bushings and standoffs, thats even better.

Rear LX one shocks de-anodized.
DSC03727.gif

You will want to change the stock yellow springs that come with the LX one shocks as the spring rate is for the much lighter 1/8th buggy.

Another option is to just purchase the UE super shocks. (They are in stock).

Last edited:
I run 1\8th buggy shocks on my maxx and love em better than anything I've had before .

I know you said the shocks in the picture are ofna but can you tell me the exact model of shock they are and where i might find them? Thanks a ton!

They are not Ofna shocks they are UE Supershocks, which I said are nearly identicle to the Ofna rear buggy shocks. The only difference between front and rear buggy shocks are the length, the diameter is exactly the same for both.

Ue supershocks

ofna lx one rear shocks are the closest shock to the ue super shocks you will find.

Another option is to just purchase the ue super shocks. (they are in stock).

this may be a stupid question, but where are they in stock?

Ue supershock link

Another option is to just purchase the UE super shocks. (They are in stock).[/QUOTE]

I JUST ORDERED SOME FROM UE! I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE STILL IN BUSINESS! THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION FOR MY ORDER SO HOPEFULY IT'S ON THE UP AND UP AND I WILL GET MY SHOCKS! THANKS!:)

I don't know what UE did to make those "super shocks", but I had them on my maxx many years ago. I bought OFNA 9.5 rear shafts to replace them and they were too long, then I bought OFNA 9.5 fronts and they were a few mm too short. I went with the shorter ones so I didn't over extend so much and mess up axles.

Took a photo of what I had laying around at the time:
2009-0215-ShockComparison.jpg

Left to right:
OFNA Jammin XB rear
OFNA 9.5 Rear
OFNA Jammin XB Front
UE SM Shock with UE shaft (gold worn off mostly)
Savage stock

Second photo with them aligned by the tops... and a different order, not sure why I did that...:
2009-0215-ShockComparison02.jpg

What are the recommended springs to go with the ofna rear shocks?

Last edited:
Replacement shaftsfor ue shocks

i don't know what ue did to make those "super shocks", but i had them on my maxx many years ago. I bought ofna 9.5 rear shafts to replace them and they were too long, then i bought ofna 9.5 fronts and they were a few mm too short. I went with the shorter ones so i didn't over extend so much and mess up axles.

i just ordered some ue shocks from their website as i stated in my previous post, while looking around they have "the mother load" shock parts kit and if i remember correctly it was on sale for under $20 and it came with tons of stuff! Hence the name! Thanks for the pics and info! It really helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back