Hello everyone I need help badly....please read

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way nobody knows if I can retread the head button or tap the hole and get bigger glow plugs I would pike a temp fix kind of desperate to ride my rc I learned my lesson about cross treading the spark plug

try to go to a good machine shop in your place they can make new but bring the button head so that they can make exactly same size. They can use material from old engine piston of a real car. I try this on my SH .28 engine and it works until now. And I've done this also to my XTM 28 6p engine to convert to turbo plugs.

try to go to a good machine shop in your place they can make new but bring the button head so that they can make exactly same size. They can use material from old engine piston of a real car. I try this on my SH .28 engine and it works until now. And I've done this also to my XTM 28 6p engine to convert to turbo plugs.

Like they have to replicate and make the same thing with aluminum or can it be other metals? I was thinking about doing that how much did they charge you?

The machine shop would be a safer bet.
I have a 454 in one truck and it runs great. If you wanna save cash get the 454.

I'm going Monday to the machine shop hope they would know how to do it I would get the compression going good with no problem if they make it right?

Just to answer your question about running nitro in colder weather. Nitros do not like the cold and from my experiences they should not be ran under 50 degrees out. That's my preference and some others as well. Of all the motors you've mentioned I would go with an lrp if you have the coin. I have the OFNA force .28 in my dm 1 spec and it rips. So far break in was a snap and it holds a tune. I believe cwall had an OFNA in his xl so you might want to ask him about his experience with OFNA he had.

How much did you pay for your force 28 and are the pieces hard to get say the button head for example I have a hobbyshop selling a ofna 28 force for 138 does that sound correct or am I getting rippedoff I'm just putting any engine in my savage 25 I havsee the lrp 32 in my xl.

Last edited:
My engine came stock with my dm 1 spec but the car was like 500. Towerhobbies has it for 149.99 which is still a great price. So your hobby shop is trying to low ball a supplier so they get the sale but you pay sales tax and the hobby shop gets the sale. Everyone wins so if you feel up to it then pull the trigger and remember the OFNA engine is a picco motor so parts are accessible if I'm not mistaken. The 454 engine would be another great option on a budget but sometimes ebay can be a hit or miss. Not trying to trash talk ebay but it does happen. Also your clutch, your flywheel, and clutch bell should switch over. Just make sure you YouTube on how to remove and install the clutch shoes.

Thanks i will look into it I'm gonna also try to go to a machine shop to try to get the piece made for the force 26 I hate the process of breaking in new engines in my opinion a lot of work I had my friend break in my 26 so I don't mess up anything like I said I'm kind of new to nitro

Has any one heard of the website sabulatech.com they sell rc part?

i would give a good guess that getting a button machined at a machine shop isnt going to be very cost effective. you may as well just go on ahead and either A: get a new motor as they are fairly reasonable to buy these days.... B wait till there are buttons for that engine available back on the market.

Well not sure I feel what your saying but A kinda desperate and as they say it calls for drastic measures and B if I have to replace the engine might as well give a reason for the engine to be replaced but I choose to wait I found the piece only two in stock I learned by my mistake don't cross tread

guess you fullfilled B then, eh? then i guess the motor not junk..woohoooo!

it probably would have cost as much as a new motor for a machine shop to mill a 1 off piece for a used motor. i personally dont think it was worth that, but thats my way.

I'm glad you found the right piece

Yea hope the website sabulatech is not a ripoff they said its been.shipped maybe next summer I get a new motor I'm on basic right now learning as i go but have to say nitro is way better than Lipo

Just to answer your question about running nitro in colder weather. Nitros do not like the cold and from my experiences they should not be ran under 50 degrees out. That's my preference and some others as well. Of all the motors you've mentioned I would go with an lrp if you have the coin. I have the OFNA force .28 in my dm 1 spec and it rips. So far break in was a snap and it holds a tune. I believe cwall had an OFNA in his xl so you might want to ask him about his experience with OFNA he had.

I live in Minnesota and i run my 2.5r all year long, if your going to run in colder temps...wrap you cooling head in a sock, and pre heat your head with a hair dryer before you start it. in run in 30 degree weather all winter long and i still get my temps over 220 in the winter months ! that said when it gets below 30, i don't run my nitro's just my 2cents !

What if I start up rc indoor and then take it outside just start it up and let it just idle and heat up inside my truck isn't waterproof what precautions should I take servo and gear wise

No starting indoors!

Peace,
Story
TC6- Sponsored by TEAM DUALSKY -Thanks to: CKHobby*~BBRC MEMBER-

What's wrong with that? Start indoors heat it up take it outside lean it some more?

---------- Post added at 4:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:09 AM ----------

Nitrohouse is good they decoded to have the button head piece in stock