Hello everyone I need help badly....please read

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastnystunna

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello I decided to join this forum today hoping to get some help I have a hpi savage 25 with a ofna 26 force engine I ended up tripping the button head the piece under the head that the plug screws onto now I'm checking online part number is Ofn52020 I can't seem to find it anywhere nobody has it in stock not even my local hobbyshop I was thinking do I have to use that same button head because a few of them like the ofna 28 looks the same or can I just get a different head with a different button if not I will just throw the engine out lol so any one that can help please let me know I know there are some way advanced people out there thank you.

I thought I found one but out of stock. Still looking.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

We need to find out if Force and Picco is the same brand. I just found some info on an "OFNA Picco Force .21" so I wonder if Force is made by Picco (or Trinity). IF it is, there are plenty of button heads available for the Picco .26. I'm sure this evening someone will jump in here and let us know.

If no one answers, we will repost this question in the engine and motors forum.

Last edited:
I hope so I will appreciate it very much I'm having a hard time I was told the hpi 21 button would fit it looks the same but I'm unsure

Yea I prefer instock I contacted them they said its not 100% sureness they will get that part back since its a old engine

No its not discountinued I called ofna about it

call Ofna back then and ask them if they can tell yoou who the sold them to last and maybe you get get one that way

Last edited:
They said they can't disclose information like that since I don't own a hobbystore any one knows any big block engine I can get for a good price? One that will fit savage 25?

there are many good mills. the SH .28 pullstart/rotostart is a great engine its the same as the lrp .28 spec3, make sure its the 8 port version there is one on ebay right now for 160 shipped. If you can spend more talk to the guys at ercm, to get something modded that will run 220-240, I have the LRP .30 spec2 in my savage XL and i love it. those are about 190 shipped. if you have to go any lower than that, ask around.

How are the ofna 28 force? My local hobbyshop has it for 138 but I will look into sh.28 tho do I need any extra mounts or change my gwars or can I run it all stock when I change the engine I most likely will just throw away the ofna 26 it runs good just that button head nowhere in stock

If you upgrade to those i would recommend running something like 17/47 as far as your gearing goes. all the mills i listed have good torque and rpm range, you can play with it a bit, as when I'm at the skate park i run 16/52 because i want to have the torque for launching off the ramps.

---------- Post added at 6:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

How are the ofna 28 force? My local hobbyshop has it for 138 but I will look into sh.28 tho do I need any extra mounts or change my gwars or can I run it all stock when I change the engine I most likely will just throw away the ofna 26 it runs good just that button head nowhere in stock

For only $30 more you can get the sh .28 which will put the Ofna force to shame.

So I can just fit it in the savage 25 and its good to go? I know summers gonna be done soon so I'm trying to enjoy the time with rc would it be a problem to run my rc in the fall and winter or will the cold be a problem? I recently switched from Lipo so I'm new well a bit new too nitro I ran my rc Lipo in the winter because I had a lot of waterproof parts servo in balloon and etc. Thanks for the response been a great help so far people

I'm not sure myself I'm browsing a few

Lrp .28, .30, or the mighty .32!

How much is the .32? And will anyone of those fit the savage 25 without extra mounts I'm just trying to install and go tune

They should all fit, and you could get a losi 454 for $129....it's also pretty much the same as an lrp .28.

I heard about losi rumors on how they burn fast if not tuned properly is that true? What engine qre you running 2revo? If you don't mind me asking