Why does everyone not like traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma 3s is a pain to work on. That’s actually my major problem with that platform. I am in the process of getting a Arrma 6S RN, so we shall see how those are. Traxxas 2wd and 4wd are super easy to wrench on.
Hope you finish your project. Bet my bottom dollar you will. :thumbs-up:

I used to like Traxxas till I got a Sledge. A-arms and axles are sold as singles and if you lose a hub cross pin you have to buy a whole hub set to replace it. Luckily 3mm cross pins are common. Like the truck, I hate the company. For future 6s trucks I'm going to stick to Arrma.

I'll give Traxxas this, at least most their stuff just "works", I don't like their nickel and diming schemes, but right now I'm in a situation where my 2wd Rustler (which I was going to sell) may be my only decent old school "basher" as I unload my Tamiyas that can barely go straight or just function. (If you think that Traxxas are fragile try bashing ABS plastic).

Plus, there's worse companies out there, you're probably using one of their products right now, or watching one of their TV shows.
Playboy channel? 💥 🤣

Tell that to all of the bums that bring them to the LHS to get fixed up!
It's always funny what's dropped off at the hobby shop. The last time i was in someone dropped off a heavly modded car. I'm thinking if you mod a car like that why do you need to bring to a hobby shop to get fixed.

I think i like wrenching on these things more then driving them

Tell that to all of the bums that bring them to the LHS to get fixed up!
The only bum is the narrow minded one, not you. The only thing I bash are my rigs. :cool:

I admittedly considered having my LHS do some soldering for me, but after hearing the fees and having to drop off my stuff, I just broke some old tools out and did it myself. Saved a good $30 or so.

The last time that I hit the LHS, someone was thinking about dropping off a 2wd Traxxas to have them replace the motor. That'd be a whopping $45 to replace a $25 motor.

I never knew that removing a wheel on a toy car, a gear, and 4 screws (hex screws at that), could be so daunting for a grown man.
Not a toy car to me. 🤣

The only bum is the narrow minded one, not you. The only thing I bash are my rigs. :cool:

Not a toy car to me. 🤣
I admittedly considered having my LHS do some soldering for me, but after hearing the fees and having to drop off my stuff, I just broke some old tools out and did it myself. Saved a good $30 or so.

The last time that I hit the LHS, someone was thinking about dropping off a 2wd Traxxas to have them replace the motor. That'd be a whopping $45 to replace a $25 motor.

I never knew that removing a wheel on a toy car, a gear, and 4 screws (hex screws at that), could be so daunting for a grown man.
We all have limitations.

Last edited:
limitations.
Get a arrma limitless and you won't have any limitations.

Oh, you already have one 🤣 🫠

Not a toy car to me. 🤣
Not a toy if you run into yourself and it hurts.

Ran into my angle at full speed with my race buggy. That hurt a lot. Cause I forgot to brake a few seconds earlier.

Ran into myself alot. Don't forget mailboxes and trash cans stop signs and curbs. I inherit that from @Addict Rc

I got out of that phase about choosing 1 brand over the other. Probably because I'm more mature now. 🤣
I like all brands. Each have their pros and cons. And its alright.

2 Traxxas cars. 1 Losi. 1 associated. 1 Tamiya

Traxxas - 10th scale 2wd cars. They are more reliable once upgraded enough
Losi - Mini b - great in the house car. More reliable and faster once upgraded enough
Associated - B74.1. Great starter race buggy (for the 4WD class at least) for somewhat cheap.
Tamiya - TT02. Its alright. Mainly a shelf car. Not the best. Once I finish the build, Ill determine if it is it a good starter car for on-road racing. Going to see if I can get into the TCS race next year @ 180 Raceway

Last edited:
I started with Traxxas and went to Arrma. Now I need an Axial. 🤣 . I am even trying 1/24 scale. Diversity is kinda cool. Some do boats. Trains, planes, and automobiles.💥.Me not So much fun.:cool:. I just like trucks and cars.

Last edited:
I got out of that phase about choosing 1 brand over the other. Probably because I'm more mature now. 🤣
I like all brands. Each have their pros and cons. And its alright.
I'm almost all Arrma 6s & Tekno MT410. It's boring from the creativity side but really makes it easier for wrenching and keeping spare parts around. I can just about rebuild one of the Arrmas while I'm sleeping. I enjoy wrenching and bashing but I don't have patience for detail work like airbrushing & painting. :)

I'm almost all Arrma 6s & Tekno MT410. It's boring from the creativity side but really makes it easier for wrenching and keeping spare parts around. I can just about rebuild one of the Arrmas while I'm sleeping. I enjoy wrenching and bashing but I don't have patience for detail work like airbrushing & painting. :)
Sometimes I fall asleep thinking of my RCs. 🤣

I have really just never been a fan of that Traxxas ecosystem. You can't use any of that stuff anywhere's else besides traxxas.
What I would do
Don't use Traxxas electronics.

And you'll never have an issue

What I would do
Don't use Traxxas electronics.

And you'll never have an issue
The Traxxas cars are great! My rusty is almost bulletproof. the only thing that ever breaks now is the driveshaft metal axles pull through the plastic when it does cart wheels down the street.