Traxxas Bandit Mid-Motor Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hey guys, once again, I need help. I just saw one of the newest Mark Santa Maria videos, and he briefly showed a mid-motor Traxxas Bandit. I was wandering if any of ya'll have done anything similar?

Was thinking about converting my slash to mid motor, for racing, but decided, it's not worth it. If you are doing something like dirt oval mudboss or sprint, sure it can be doable, but for my for off-road, not really. I think you need a custom and fabricated chassis to do so, or you can get a nitro rustler chassis which is mid motor tranny, but not sure if it's the same length as a bandit. Way above my thing, as I'm not a custom guy, I'm a plug and play and replace parts as needed kind of guy.

I think @Addict Rc mid motor his slash before?

Thanks guys! I'll look into it some more.

I looked at the thread, and I can't figure out what chassis that is.

Cool. I found it on Amazon, and I only live 45 mins away from a hobby store.

Yeah, I might have to get it from them. I noticed it has 2 mounting spots for the bulkhead. Could you cut of part of the front of the chassis and mount it father back?
Also, will the stock upper chassis fit it?
Also, a brace for the back (formerly the front) would be nice.

Last edited:
the further back is for the stering cranks, my formerly so you mean the tranny or chasiss? the chassis still uses the same front as always, the nitro models share the front end with the electric. also I'm pretty sure youll need the nitro rustler upper plate.

Ok. I was hoping I could get away with NOT changing the length.

Yeah. I just realized that a moment ago. I feel so dumb!😅

Well then, I'll look into it some more. I just need the part number for the upper chassis, and then I'll go from there. Oh yeah, and does all the steering links in the stock chassis fit in the new chassis?

Back