Ultimate X Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I got home early due to the weather. Turned on you tube and saw that Traxxas is releasing the ultimate Xmaxx. RCDriver_Online. He broke two turn buckles on stuff the plastic Xmaxx’s seem to eat a lot more. He did ok on jump control. A couple head heavy but, not something I’ve seen break many parts on an Xmaxx. I’m just wandering if the aluminum parts that everyone is upgrading once they go away from stock power, is really an upgrade. I’m thinking they are but, both broke parts were the same parts.

Finally, they put a decent tire on the Xmaxx ultimate.

What’s everyone’s thoughts. Head over to you tube and watch it.

He broke two turn buckles
Yep. Traxxas aluminum likes to snap alot. Had the same issue with my rustler when I upgraded to the traxxas aluminum ones. Went back to stock steel. Now, for turnbuckles, I either stay with steel, or I upgrade to titanium for weight savings. Still use the stock steel turnbuckles on my slash. 8 years old. Look a bit rusty but they still do what they do just like what it did new.

I’ve got a slash 4x4 that had some aluminum hop ups on it. Ended up breaking something every time it went for a spin, so the aluminum had to go. The ultimate looks sweet, but I’d not spend my money on it.

Back