Zee vs SMC vs other lipos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I got a Car that runs 4s-6s, All I have are 2s and 3s that I run in my 1/10s. I was looking to get a couple 4s packs for my buggy. Zee seems to have good reviews and are pretty cheap. Also SMC is not bad prices either. What's a good battery for me to go with?

Both are good and main thing is how to maintain them and balanced keep them good in my opinion.

I meant to say too, I don't race I'm just a backyard basher.

Also I have one I don't know the MAH of, anyway to find that out?

Both are good and main thing is how to maintain them and balanced keep them good in my opinion.

Little research what ur looking for you will find it.

IMG_0478.png

IMG_0479.png

IMG_0480.png

If the battery label has worn off to where you can't read it anymore, then chances are it needs to be replaced anyway.

Regardless, I would invest in a quality charger that can measure the IR of your cells which will tell you the health of the cells, more info here:
Any decent charger will show you the capacity that was put into the pack after it was fully discharged. The variable assuming that the pack is healthy... all packs age and lose capacity over time:

https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-808-how-to-prolong-lithium-based-batteries

1701105552950.png

Lots of people buy Zeee because they are cheap. But you get what you pay for.

Here is a good thread with comparative testing of various LiPo's
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/lipo-comparison-thread-lipo-and-nimh-aas.136829/
👆 THIS! Zeee batts are crap. Buy one of the budget brands in the LiPo tests that score good. The higher the voltage under load rating the better the battery. Basically Liperior, Liperior Pro (not Liperior Endurance), CNHL (G+ Series), SMC, Zippy Compact, regular Turnigy, and Turnigy Nanotech are some of the better budget brands out there. If you look at the list of tested batteries the Zeee brand rank 39 on the list... not good.

You can discharge the lipo down to 3.2V/C and then charge it at 1/2C until its full and then read how much mAh the charger put in to it. Its not going to be highly accurate compared to a piece of test equipment like the DL24 or DL24P but it will give you a rough idea. That is assuming that the IRs are good. If the IRs arent good then the pack isnt good and it could have been a 5000mAh battery that is now only holding 3500mAh worth of charge.

Regardless, I would invest in a quality charger that can measure the IR of your cells which will tell you the health of the cells, more info here:
I would also recommend investing in a good charger. +1

Little research what ur looking for you will find it.

View attachment 175882

View attachment 175883

View attachment 175884
I know all that Lol. What I meant was the label has worn off of the battery and there's nothing on it to tell me and I can't remember what MAH that battery was
If the battery label has worn off to where you can't read it anymore, then chances are it needs to be replaced anyway.

Any decent charger will show you the capacity that was put into the pack after it was fully discharged. The variable assuming that the pack is healthy... all packs age and lose capacity over time:

https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-808-how-to-prolong-lithium-based-batteries

View attachment 175885
My charger is a thunder tp610

Yea I misread a lot I’m special my bad

👆 THIS! Zeee batts are crap. Buy one of the budget brands in the LiPo tests that score good. The higher the voltage under load rating the better the battery. Basically Liperior, Liperior Pro (not Liperior Endurance), CNHL (G+ Series), SMC, Zippy Compact, regular Turnigy, and Turnigy Nanotech are some of the better budget brands out there. If you look at the list of tested batteries the Zeee brand rank 39 on the list... not good.

You can discharge the lipo down to 3.2V/C and then charge it at 1/2C until its full and then read how much mAh the charger put in to it. Its not going to be highly accurate compared to a piece of test equipment like the DL24 or DL24P but it will give you a rough idea. That is assuming that the IRs are good. If the IRs arent good then the pack isnt good and it could have been a 5000mAh battery that is now only holding 3500mAh worth of charge.

I would also recommend investing in a good charger. +1
I have a thunder tp610. Is IR and the cell voltage the same? My charger will tell me what each cell voltage is. Plus I have one of the small low voltage alarms/tester as well
Yea I misread a lot I’m special my bad
It's all good, we all special in some way, I know I am lol

no ir is internal resistance ...Put t on 1 amp charge . charge it then discharge it .you can get a fair mah as to what went in again in charge

I have a thunder tp610. Is IR and the cell voltage the same? My charger will tell me what each cell voltage is. Plus I have one of the small low voltage alarms/tester as well
IR is Internal Resistance and is measure in milliohms. It helps you determine the overall health of the battery. The TP610C afaik does not read IRs.

I got a Car that runs 4s-6s, All I have are 2s and 3s that I run in my 1/10s. I was looking to get a couple 4s packs for my buggy. Zee seems to have good reviews and are pretty cheap. Also SMC is not bad prices either. What's a good battery for me to go with?
I use lots of Zee batteries. Never, every had an issue. However! I can take the best battery out there and destroy it by not maintaining it properly. charge, play, let cool, charge again or half charge for storage. Balance at least once evey 6 runs or so. I have four year old Zees working perfectly to this day.

I use lots of Zee batteries. Never, every had an issue. However! I can take the best battery out there and destroy it by not maintaining it properly. charge, play, let cool, charge again or half charge for storage. Balance at least once evey 6 runs or so. I have four year old Zees working perfectly to this day.
Just because they work doesn't mean they are a good battery. For about the same money there are much better batteries out there.

Just because they work doesn't mean they are a good battery. For about the same money there are much better

Just because they work doesn't mean they are a good battery. For about the same money there are much better batteries out there.

Uh, what? just because they work doesn't mean they are good lol???? that makes as much sense as fake news lol!

Uh, what? just because they work doesn't mean they are good lol???? that makes as much sense as fake news lol!
I had a brand new Camaro in 89. I drove it every day, but it was the biggest pos I ever owned. Good? Not by any stretch of the imagination. There are far better batteries in the same price range.

I had a brand new Camaro in 89. I drove it every day, but it was the biggest pos I ever owned. Good? Not by any stretch of the imagination. There are far better batteries in the same price range.
Name all the batteries in the same price range that is Far better