X's Mini/Micro Fleet

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I've been on a mini/micro crawler kick for the past month. It's just really, really great to not to have to travel to play with my toys. These small scale rigs are perfect for my home 2 courses, on my property.
Of course, the significantly lower price point is also a big plus!
The infatuation all started with the FMS Atlas(blue). A super cool looking, super capable crawler! Then came the highly scaled EazyRC Patriot (Land Cruiser) and Arizona (Wrangler).
The sudden, deep interest in these small scale rigs, got me to revisit my SCX24 Deadbolt(red), which I've had for awhile now. With some minor modifications, this rig is now a superb crawler!
The last 2 weeks, I've taken delivery of another Atlas(red), the EazyRC Glacier(Chevy), SCX24 Jeep(yellow), SCX24 Deadbolt (green), and SCX24 Chevy C10(green).
It was hard not to justify all these purchases after working a bunch of overtime. I deserved it, right? 😁
1205211410b.jpg
1205211411c.jpg
1205211411d.jpg

Your making me jealous! Really liking what you've done with the red Atlas, I am going to have to pick one up eventually. :thumbs-up:

Those are great looking rigs. I was just looking at an eazyrc arizona last night. How does it hold up and is it actually worth picking up

I may have to pick one of these up. That's a very nice collection. Which is your favorite so far?

I've been on a mini/micro crawler kick for the past month. It's just really, really great to not to have to travel to play with my toys. These small scale rigs are perfect for my home 2 courses, on my property.
The infatuation all started with the FMS Atlas(blue). A super cool looking, super capable crawler! Then came the highly scaled EazyRC Patriot (Land Cruiser) and Arizona (Wrangler).
The sudden, deep interest in these small scale rigs, got me to revisit my SCX24 Deadbolt(red), which I've had for awhile now. With some minor modifications, this rig is now a superb crawler!
The last 2 weeks, I've taken delivery of another Atlas(red), the EazyRC Glacier(Chevy), SCX24 Jeep(yellow), SCX24 Deadbolt (green), and SCX24 Chevy C10(green).
It was hard not to justify all these purchases after working a bunch of overtime. I deserved it, right? 😁
View attachment 138611View attachment 138612View attachment 138613
Thats a sweet line up bud. BAD AS*!!

Your making me jealous! Really liking what you've done with the red Atlas, I am going to have to pick one up eventually. :thumbs-up:
Those Atlas are crawling beasts, straight out of the box! I know, in your capable hands, you would just kill it with the detailing!

Those are great looking rigs. I was just looking at an eazyrc arizona last night. How does it hold up and is it actually worth picking up
Those EazyRC aren't for everybody. They look fantastic, but are just borderline hobby grade. The plastic body accessories (sideview mirrors and door handles) are hard plastic, so can't take handle much abuse. Also, because it is a hard body, it is very top heavy. Combine that with too soft of a suspension springs, and the Arizona and Patriot roll over rather easily.
With all that being said, I still enjoy both these rigs. They just look fantastic! With a little modification, I was able to significantly improved on the rollovers. The wheels are 3 piece plastic beadlocks, so I was able to easily add lead to them all to lower the center of gravity. I also stiffened the suspension springs by stretching them out, to firm them up. That's it!
Also, I got the Arizona and Patriot, off Amazon, as a combo deal, for less than a $100 each. So, that made it easier to pull the trigger.

I may have to pick one of these up. That's a very nice collection. Which is your favorite so far?
Oh, Man, that's a tough one! I'm truly enjoying them all.

I actually have them on rotation. I run at least 3 different rigs each day. It's great when your course is right outside your back door!

If I do have to choose one favorite, right now, it would be the new SCX24 C10. I just love looking at that green! Also, it is such a great crawler right out of the box! I haven't even added any weight to it yet. The only thing I've done is move the shocks to the chassis rails, which raised the height a little. This gave it just a bit more ground clearance, since these C10s run smaller tires than the Deadbolts and Jeeps. I think the only weights I'm going to add to this rig are brass knuckles and diff covers. Perhaps hex extensions as well.
I bought a set of sick looking RC4WD Patagonia tires, this past weekend, but it's way too wide, and I'm not trimming the body to get it to fit.

My wife gave me a 100 dollar limit for Christmas but I like the looks of these. I'm torn between the arizona and the arrma granite voltage. Doing research on both rigs. So your input really helps

My wife gave me a 100 dollar limit for Christmas but I like the looks of these. I'm torn between the arizona and the arrma granite voltage. Doing research on both rigs. So your input really helps
Dang, I had no idea those Voltages are so cheap!

View attachment 138611View attachment 138612View attachment 138613
When you've bought most of the micro-crawlers, you start getting multiples of each one! Nice collection X, enough rigs to let everyone try one out when Christmas rolls around and family visits (at least in theory, we won't be having people come because of the pandemic)!
You don't have any of these lil 24th scalers in your collection. Check these out.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyp...nze-hbp162410-605009-promo/p-qqqctzyq7mznqctz
View attachment 138635
Don't give him any ideas Wicked...though how about the HBX Devastator? Not as popular as the SCX-24, but a capable under-the-radar crawler, with, get this, 4 wheel steer, with multiple options, front wheel steer, rear wheel steer, 4 wheel steer, and crabbing, all for under $100! It's biggest downfall is the intergrated battery, but it gives good runtime and I'm sure X will be able to make it removeable! Seriously, the Devastator is good (so I've heard and seen), and it's cool, though not the most scale, it kinda looks like scaled down version of some comp crawlers.

Yeah, I have seen the HBX. It's pretty cool. There are some vids on YT with some cool mods people have done to them.

Yeah, I have seen the HBX. It's pretty cool. There are some vids on YT with some cool mods people have done to them.
Kevin Talbot (on YT) loves it, it's one of his favorite mini crawlers of all time. Side note, has anyone been following his channel? Can't believe he's building a legit 1:1 MT! I've also heard that the HBX tires actually are grippier once you "wear them in", so performance increases slightly once you play with it a bit.

Dang! I really need to get myself a mini/micro crawler! I'm still in school so my hours at work have gotten dramatically cut down since the school year started :rolleyes: So I need to wait for a few more checks but a mini crawler is #1 on my list of things to get.

Side note, has anyone been following his channel? Can't believe he's building a legit 1:1 MT!
I'm just waiting for something to go wrong 🤣 I'm surprised it's been smooth sailing so far! Super exited for the end result though!

Kevin Talbot (on YT) loves it, it's one of his favorite mini crawlers of all time. Side note, has anyone been following his channel? Can't believe he's building a legit 1:1 MT!
I have been watching him for a long time. His 1:1 build is awesome. I can't wait to see if he has the balls to really send it on a rig with him in it 🤣😜😛😉

Back