Xmas in July sales: what’s everybody buying?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
With prime day having just been kicked off, I wanted to know about some of the best sales going on during this time where everybody else also lowers their prices to compete with Amazon. Anybody see anything good (besides the $200 vendetta 😆)? Mainly looking for off road bashers. Don’t care about brand. Thanks!

Currently buying nothing. Cause we don't got the money, and half in debt.
The only things I'm buying is shock n diff oil, some spare sparts and upgrade parts. Hopefully it can come by Thursday for racing.
Also to mention, I always order through AMain as AMain is cheaper than Amazon most of the time. If I copy and paste my AMain list into Amazon, half or most of it isn't on prime day deals and more expensive, but yet it can come here faster.
I keep hearing all this vendetta 200 dollar thing all over reddit.

Currently buying nothing. Cause we don't got the money, and half in debt.
The only things I'm buying is shock n diff oil, some spare sparts and upgrade parts. Hopefully it can come by Thursday for racing.
Also to mention, I always order through AMain as AMain is cheaper than Amazon most of the time. If I copy and paste my AMain list into Amazon, half or most of it isn't on prime day deals and more expensive, but yet it can come here faster.
I keep hearing all this vendetta 200 dollar thing all over reddit.
As they say, it pays to shop around.

As they say, it pays to shop around.
True.
Actually, just saw the RC8X for 255 for prime day, this my chance to get it. Keeping my RC4GS for my dad.
I could to the trade in program for 220, but it will take a few weeks coming from china, so would rather go through amazon.

I saw either Tower or Horizon (same thing) had the 1/5 outcast exb roller for $400. I'm considering it just for parts.

It's a roller. Just put in what you can afford. :rolex:
They do have recommendations though.

Last edited:
I bought an Outcast 8s EXB roller but it's on hold due to Horizon Hobby doing updates to their website and i'm not sure if they went on backorder. I also bought an RC8X with 2 other receivers on the first day prime day. Although i had to pushback my plan to get a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 but i'm happy i got what i got this month.

With prime day having just been kicked off, I wanted to know about some of the best sales going on during this time where everybody else also lowers their prices to compete with Amazon. Anybody see anything good (besides the $200 vendetta 😆)? Mainly looking for off road bashers. Don’t care about brand. Thanks!
I bought a wltoys 124008 to destroy 😁

My Outcast 8s EXB came in the mail today and i'm already really impressed with it. I can't wait to get to building it this fall\winter i haven't decided on a system for it yet i'm planning on either a Castle mmx 8s with 2028 800kv or Spektrum Firma 160a with Firma 5687 1,100KV.
I will post a full thread about my build soon.
20230715_121153.jpg
20230715_151628.jpg

My Outcast 8s EXB came in the mail today and i'm already really impressed with it. I can't wait to get to building it this fall\winter i haven't decided on a system for it yet i'm planning on either a Castle mmx 8s with 2028 800kv or Spektrum Firma 160a with Firma 5687 1,100KV.
I will post a full thread about my build soon.
View attachment 168819View attachment 168820
That's a sweet looking truck. 😎

That's a sweet looking truck. 😎
Glad you think so, I'm really impressed with so far even though i put it back in it's box to protect it until i'm ready to build it.
Congrats!! It's a great truck. Love the body. I've had mine for about a year now and have no regrets.
Thanks, i really love it so far can't wait to build it just have to wait for the funds to come in before i buy the parts for it.

Hi everyone, I mentioned before i bought an Outcast 8s EXB and an RC8X well yesterday i bought a IMARS D300 charger with $50 coupon so it made it $120 instead of $170. Now i'm kind of broke until next month so i won't be buying anymore RC stuff until next month.

Hi everyone, I mentioned before i bought an Outcast 8s EXB and an RC8X well yesterday i bought a IMARS D300 charger with $50 coupon so it made it $120 instead of $170. Now i'm kinsd of broke until next month so i won't be buying anymore RC stuff until next month.
We all get broke, here and there. It makes it fun. :thumbs-up: