X-Maxx broken spur gear, upgrade needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daSNAK3

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Big air with Backflip

So after a few of these at a new skatepark I found, my spur gear lost a tooth, so before I order a new OEM one, does anyone out there make a upgraded piece that is worth it or should I just stay OEM?.. I probably won’t be going back to that skatepark… lol.

The traxxas gears are monkey metal junk. Lots of aftermarket options, all of which are better than factory.

Judging from your video, you need a bit more wheel speed for better air control.

My Xmaxx is mostly stock. You'll get a lot of opinions on which gears to go with. I chose Hot Racing for the price and that they are better than the OEM traxxis gears. If you plan on doing any serious upgrades there is better stuff out there.

Man, I’m a total idiot.. I was rushing to get the new gear on and the bearing at the end of the shaft fell off and I didn’t notice.. got it together and ran it and sounded terrible, brought it back around and the new gear was all chewed up. I ruined it, so gonna have to get another new one again along with a pinion gear and new bearings since mine cracked when it hit the concrete… I found it but it’s was broken… what a good time.

That sucks man but we've all made similar mistakes. That's how we learn. Look at the bright side, bet you'll never forget that bearing again.

That sucks man but we've all made similar mistakes. That's how we learn. Look at the bright side, bet you'll never forget that bearing again.

Definitely learned my lesson lol.. instead of ordering new stuff, I ran up to Hobby Town and picked up everything.. got it all in and ran it up and down the road a few times and so far so good. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Back