X-factor restoration almost complete

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3st087

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I started out restoring this bad boy after pulling it out of my storage. I had it sitting for 14 years plus. Just waiting to get an engine since the old one was blown out. Anyone have a good idea on what size to go with.

82C72298-FBC7-444A-943F-1C4B29960A18.jpeg

@N3st087 I'd go with a .28 for that XTM X-Force!

Do you have a body for it yet?
No I haven’t found a body that I want just yet since I was all caught up trying to find parts. I just put the wheel and tires on right before this photo. What kind of body should I go with? I’ve been out of the RC game since this last brok which was long a ago. And I’ll definitely look into that .28 you are talking about. Also should I change out the the receiver or stick to the original radio and receiver?

awesome truck right there! those X-factors are awesome, imo should go with like an old square body dodge or chevy body, but nowadays alot of it depends on what you can find that fits the wheelbase and width, excited to see what you decide to go with.
regarding engine i would go with at least a .25/.26 or .28, dynamite has a good variety of options, as well as "SH engines" (dynamite uses SH engines as a base). from the Dynamite .28RTR dynamite Big red, or even the .26 Truggy, you will need eithe roto start or pullstart though for that x-factor platform.
my vote would be to get a good new 2.4ghz RX/TX combo, but maybe hang on to the existing to have the original.

It probably came with an XMT 24.7 in it, which is a relatively mild sport engine. Not sure if the drivetrain is ready for much more than that. There aren't nearly as many 21-28 sport big blocks around these days.

This would probably do fine in it:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/.21-rtr-engine-with-pull-start/DYNE0570.html

Or a bit more torque:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/.28-rtr-engine-with-pull-start/DYNE0571.html

I never ran either of those, but I've had a few dynamite based engines in the past and they weren't bad to break-in or tune.

Back