Woooo got a baja 5b and love it!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy88

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Finally got a 5b and its in a totally different league to my nitro savage I had.

Few questions. Exhaust, which one shall I get as there are so many options!

I feel that off the line the pick up isn't great and takes a moment to kick in and shoot off with the stock exhaust.

Want one to free up the low end

Any opinions on which one to get?

I agree about the baja 5b. I felt like it should have more off the bottom. After some tuning on mine today she rips like crazy, I will be doing a total rebuild on mine through the summer. Or maybe buy a Rovan Terminator truck.

What did you tune on it to make it better?

I converted mine to a scorpion short chassis for a stupid reason... to get it to be easier to haul in my HPI roller bag. Still sticks out, but not as bad. The purpose of the chassis is to make it quicker handling, which it really did well. Feels like a much smaller rig.

Now if I could just figure out how to eliminate the gas smell when storing it, I'd run it more than once a year. lol

I have had a tweak with the high needle but not the low as makes my revs climb up on idle

Wait till you dive into the hop up....they are never ending!

DDM has some good low end to mid range pipes, The Hpi pipe that comes with (ss) package isn't bad and you can ebay one for 60 bucks, walbero carb and for low end pickup a 6000rpm spring, power come in sooner and won't effect top end. Spark plug gap .22 to .24.....you can tune, tune tune

SC-Revo
Amp'd-RC
"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

DDM has some good low end to mid range pipes, The Hpi pipe that comes with (ss) package isn't bad and you can ebay one for 60 bucks, walbero carb and for low end pickup a 6000rpm spring, power come in sooner and won't effect top end. Spark plug gap .22 to .24.....you can tune, tune tune

SC-Revo
Amp'd-RC
"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

What does the walbero carb get you? Got a link?

I've always felt mine is lacking off the line... and I have to rev it higher than I'd like to get moving. Mine started as an SS with the 5T can exhaust.

Back