woo hoo $500 what to do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
fiance finally gave in, get to spend next paycheck on a Nitro Rc....

$500 to spend....friend said he might get me a radio/servos, if he can I'm going with the Savage 4.6ss Kit, if not...savage 2.5rtr. goin with HPI cuz they sponsor a Lexus IS300 and i love those...and Mitsu Evos lol

Pretty sure i can't find a radio/servos for $70 lol.

just excited thats all. Took 2 weeks of :argue: :boxing:

ill have pics of the buildup process. gonna paint the lid myself...might try and get the Early 50's style truck...flat gray primer, with black primer flames with white pinstripe outline of the flames...saw it on a 55 ford fairlane and it looked badass. or a silverado body and paint it blue so it matches my 99 silverado :D

Last edited:
good choice... the savage is a great first truck because of its durability... and if you get the kit you will be able to learn about how it works as you build it... and it can grow with you.... as you get better you can get faster engines, and other hopups to suit your driving style.... a word to teh wise though dont do what I did.. when i got my savage i bought a new aluminum hopup every time i could afford it.... well i just re-did my savage back to stock and its twice the truck it was before... good choice and welcome to the addiction!

well check this out at towerhobbies.com if you spend 300 or more you get $40 off, so that would bring the savage down to about 380 then you have about 120 for radio, servos and do you all ready have gas? glow plug ingitors?

Personally...I'd buy used off the boards here. You'll get more bang for the BUCK! I've had pretty good luck as well...but I always see hopped up savages going for around $300 on here ... so imagine what $500 will get ya!

yeah there is some pretty tight savages running around on the board here by cool people as well. the 4.6 does need a couple of mods that are a must before driving it.

Yeah a savage is a great Idea. Best truck ya can buy in My opinion.. I got a .25 myself and LOVE it! Makes my old maxx look like a kids toy

dougc said:
well check this out at towerhobbies.com if you spend 300 or more you get $40 off, so that would bring the savage down to about 380 then you have about 120 for radio, servos and do you all ready have gas? glow plug ingitors?

that'd be awesome but i have to wait til next friday...and this ends in 2 days...so :sheep:

I've only owned a Maxx and I've never owned a Savage.

After all of it, I'd have purchased a Savage only because of personal Maxx experirences and related experiences from forum members with Maxxes and Savages.

Sounds like you need to own the fiancé.

I would probably go with the savage also. Maybe save up and get the new k4.6.

If I had $500 1st thing Id do is Support Rcnitrotalk!! ::Free plug:: lol

Right now if I had $500 for rc stuff, I think Id buy a truckzilla kit, some 40 series rims and tires or maybe a new mill.. and a rcnt shirt.. hehe

But if ya dont have a savage, ya need to get one.. I had run tmaxx for a couple years, and when I got my savage, I felt like I wasted so much time messing with my maxx, and didnt get to actually enjoy running my rc.. Get one and youll see what I mean.. The trucks kick so much ass, its insane..

well i think now I'm going towards the HPI Nitro MT2 18ss kit...think i'd have more fun with it racing it around the track and down teh street etc.

but i keep watching vids of drifting etc and i like drifting and stuff to... :doh: i need $2k...anyone wanna lend me some money?

but its either a HPI Nitro MT2 18ss kit(stadium truck) or maybe a elec onroad car for drifting....just can't decide on which car if i go this route.

more than likely it will be the MT2 18ss kit....cuz i want to build it all myself and get a nice radio/servos.

Hi Rook,

You might want to check with bruce (rushrc.com). He is a great guy to deal with. His website is under construction now because of switching host. You can PM him :)

I think it is just great we can help the forum sponsor.

If you order from tower when they run the 6-ways to save special, you can save $70 on that purchase: Buy the kit buy itself - $329.99 - $40 = $289.99

Then buy the radio, servos etc on a seperate purchase, and save another $30

Thats what I just did with the RS4 3 18SS purchase :)

First time I ordered from Tower I had enough spent to pay for the Super Saver Club, so now all orders over 150 are free shipping so it wont matter if you break up the order if you already are - and if you arent - the shipping charge will pay for the membership.

Back