Wondering what model this is?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just picked this up on a trade. I know it's a Kyosho inferno but don't know the model? any help would be appreciated!

Kyosho.jpg

Try getting a straight on pic of the underside. Maybe the chassis would be easier to identify. Or a good pic of a wheel.

What you have there is an original model 3281 Kyosho Inferno 4WD.

Released by Kyosho in 1991, the original Inferno 4WD - # 3281 - came first in the 1992 IFMAR World Championships. The model was sold as an unassembled kit, with a clear lexan polycarbonate Bodyshell, wheels and semi pneumatic pin spike Tires. An Engine, Muffler, Radio System and Fuel to be purchased separately.

The shaft driven, alloy plate chassis, employs a 3 x gear type differential system, with dogbone prop-shafts, coil spring over oil filled dampers, rear dogbone, with front universal joint drive-shafts and a full set of ball bearings.

Kyosho Inferno (Vintage)

1698868119218.jpeg

Thank You!! Now I must ask...is it a collectable? I picked it up on a trade everything works, Guy sent me a recent vid of it running before we made the trade. Reason I ask is because I'm thinking about putting it up for trade. I would really like to pick up a Tmaxx for my grandson, He loves monster trucks! All my knowledge is with Traxxas and I probably won't spend much time with the inferno. Thanks again for your help

Thank You!! Now I must ask...is it a collectable?
I mean technically anything is collectable? I dont think collecting vintage RC is something too many people are in to but you may find someone willing to trade a TMAXX for it. Probably mostly because replacement parts are usually a nightmare to find. That being said if someone was really in to Infernos they may want to add that to their collection since its the very first model of Inferno ever produced. I would try and restore it and keep it myself if it were me. TMAXXs are a dime a dozen on Market Place or eBay. Also, I would say if you did want to keep it, RCs are pretty much RCs. Learning your way around a Kyosho isnt much different then learning your way around a new Traxxas kit. Just my :2cents:

I picked it up on a trade everything works, Guy sent me a recent vid of it running before we made the trade.
Id run it myself and double check it. I say that cuz its likely that you really dont know when the video was made and even if the video is timestamped you have no idea if something happened to it after the video was taken. I had a similiar experience once with a Savage .25. When I got it home, cleaned it up and went to try her out for the first time it had several things wrong with it in spite of the fact that it technically ran. Again, just my :2cents:

Back