Why does everyone not like traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losi is Horizon and way too big to mess with currently, and probably their main competitor in the states. i.e. They know they can't strongarm their laywer team, it's just as big. Glad Arrma is flying under their flag now as well. Associated is owned by Thunder Tiger and they know Chinese companies give zero you-know-whats about lawsuits anyways. They would just settle, continue to sell the product everywhere else but the US (Where traxxas has their BS patents) and change just enough that's necessary to avoid future nonsense on their AE brand and continue to be a competitor. Traxxas knows they can't win against that in the long run. :D
On a side note, I finally sold my Rustler last night so I'm Traxxas freeeee!!! Time to pre-order the new Associated Enduro crawler :D

As much as Traxxas is crooked & hated ,I am not giving up on my slash ,an the reason why ,is that it wasn't bought
directly from them or I did not buy it new ,an once it breaks or wears out ,thats it ,until then ,I will treat it like
a Wallmart brand!.....

I started way back in the 80çs withe Kyosho. In.my years since I have built Tamiya kits Frogs Grasshoppers... I've had RC/10's. Arma has put out some good products to play with. I have bought rebuilt sold tore apart and made Bandits my playform of choice. Every Traxxas I have owned(24 as of today)I have had excellent support from the company and their tech's. I customize with Integy aluminum parts. But as far as management of the company? Any business can have terrible leadership and make a great product.. Its all in tbe consumer's opinion.. Comparing Traxxas and Arma and Tamiya is like deciding ona PS4 And an XBox1.. Because if you really think about it its all in choice and how you use the tech you have. I can build a bandit and make it do 130mph I'm sure somone with equal skill can do the same with an Arma. Ok I'm done. But i do like that everone on this forum has respect for each other.. And everyones opinion is just that...an opinion...to all my friends...BE GREAT you are too GOOD to be GOOD!

Marauder : My wife and I both laugh at the videos where someone takes a new kit to the skate park on the highest cell lipo they can run it and immediately break it and bash on the brand of truck. Number one, inspect your kit before each run. It's your investment. You don't immediately build a race car and run it without some shakedown passes first ... kind of the same thing. The best people make mistakes.
I never really got why people post those. Misery loves company? I have a few friends that when they get into a 1:1 scale car accident, they call me. Not to fix or estimate the car, just to tell the tale. After about a half hour, I ask, how am I involved? When do I fix it? The answer : "Nah man, that car is totalled!"
...omg i spit coffe out my nose when i read this..rofl... I personally agree with you.. Lets see if this wonderful pieve of plastic can jump 60ft in the air and land upsidedown and then keep running...lol...tooo much!

I won't say I won't buy another Traxxas, and I certainly won't sell the one I have. As I think I mentioned early on this thread, I have broken WAAAYYYYY less stuff on my Stampede than my Kraton but I don't drive them the same either. I pick up my radio for the Kraton and all of a sudden I think I'm @Rich Duperbash or @RC DUDE81 or @Thomas P etc etc....and I ain't. Doesn't stop me trying and I have fun putting it back together. In terms of quality there are better than Traxxas for sure but there is a lot worse as well and you just need to play within the limits of what you have.

All that said I have since bought other Arrma's and plan to buy more as well as a proline MT, a Team Associated Trophy Rat. Whilst I won't rule out another Traxxas there would need to be a massive cultural change. I'm a small business man and I know what it is like to be screwed over by the big boys.....profits first, ethics and honour somewhere further down the order and at times a long way down.

I get that a lot of people like the Traxxas brand and that's fine with me, I walk my own walk. People can and should buy what they want to and to their credit part support is good for Traxxas (better than Arrma factory) and their bodies look pretty cool. That's not enough for me to buy more of them, but as I said, I walk my own walk and don't expect people to join me

I won't say I won't buy another Traxxas, and I certainly won't sell the one I have. As I think I mentioned early on this thread, I have broken WAAAYYYYY less stuff on my Stampede than my Kraton but I don't drive them the same either. I pick up my radio for the Kraton and all of a sudden I think I'm @Rich Duperbash or @RC DUDE81 or @Thomas P etc etc....and I ain't. Doesn't stop me trying and I have fun putting it back together. In terms of quality there are better than Traxxas for sure but there is a lot worse as well and you just need to play within the limits of what you have.

All that said I have since bought other Arrma's and plan to buy more as well as a proline MT, a Team Associated Trophy Rat. Whilst I won't rule out another Traxxas there would need to be a massive cultural change. I'm a small business man and I know what it is like to be screwed over by the big boys.....profits first, ethics and honour somewhere further down the order and at times a long way down.

I get that a lot of people like the Traxxas brand and that's fine with me, I walk my own walk. People can and should buy what they want to and to their credit part support is good for Traxxas (better than Arrma factory) and their bodies look pretty cool. That's not enough for me to buy more of them, but as I said, I walk my own walk and don't expect people to join me
Sounds like me...lol...if i had to choose between xbox and ps4? I'd still be waiting on Sega to do a Dark Phoenix and rebuild the Dreamcast and annihilate everyone!

What happen to fun. I just burned up a mamba monster. On a rustler. Two weeks before that i burned up another they both caught ? the first was talion Arrama with 2200kv 1515 i sent it back to castle waiting to hear what they say. Whatever they do won't steal my fun

What happen to fun. I just burned up a mamba monster. On a rustler. Two weeks before that i burned up another they both caught ? the first was talion Arrama with 2200kv 1515 i sent it back to castle waiting to hear what they say. Whatever they do won't steal my fun

When Traxxas BS closes a local track/shop, that does indeed steal the fun. :D

I used to run Traxxas..for what i did, they did not last one pack..so it was a constant wrenching and did not mather if it was RPM, FLM or kingsheadz.

I never ever admited it was a less good investment, no one do that.

I sure broke arrma, but way less then a trx model

Traxxas was pretty innovative as a company, you guys fail to realize they’re the reason the hobby is where it today. Key word there is was. Nowdays they’re a shadow of their former self, suing other companies for no reason and introducing no new platforms. It’s been so long since they’ve done something cool. The 3.3 engine. Damn, what a motor. Who knew you could get so much power out of a .20cui motor! And the vxl 3s. A brushless system in an rtr??? They were one of the first. The Traxxas tmaxx, one of the first fast vehicles to be able to take a jump at high speed and keep driving.

Oh well, I’m here to drive fast, take air, break stuff, and fix stuff. Traxxas delivers on all of those fronts just as well as any other manufacturers. Prices are higher, so I shy away from buying their products anymore, but the one I have isn’t going anywhere. Someone mentioned HPI, which I used to be very fond of, I would thoroughly enjoy a vorza flux right about now. Shame it now has a crappy hobbywing as a powerplant though.

Yes I break my Traxxas more than my arrma.

Traxxas was pretty innovative as a company, you guys fail to realize they’re the reason the hobby is where it today. Key word there is was. Nowdays they’re a shadow of their former self, suing other companies for no reason and introducing no new platforms. It’s been so long since they’ve done something cool. The 3.3 engine. Damn, what a motor. Who knew you could get so much power out of a .20cui motor! And the vxl 3s. A brushless system in an rtr??? They were one of the first. The Traxxas tmaxx, one of the first fast vehicles to be able to take a jump at high speed and keep driving.

Oh well, I’m here to drive fast, take air, break stuff, and fix stuff. Traxxas delivers on all of those fronts just as well as any other manufacturers. Prices are higher, so I shy away from buying their products anymore, but the one I have isn’t going anywhere. Someone mentioned HPI, which I used to be very fond of, I would thoroughly enjoy a vorza flux right about now. Shame it now has a crappy hobbywing as a powerplant though.

Yes I break my Traxxas more than my arrma.
we don't fail to realize how in the beginning they were pretty instrumental, as many of us have said that back then they were great. price was cheap, all in one combos (rtr), availability etc. honestly on the 3.3 i can't say it is a great mill, it is decent oversights by TRX regarding connecting rod failure, for how many that have occurred, would have expected them to re-design it, and the carb.

as far as the suing that they have become renown for, that has hurt the hobby as much as they have helped it. their lawsuits were the deciding factor on HPI selling then causing them to have to put that "crappy hobbywing" in your HPI, their lawsuits were hurt arrma pretty badly in innovating the on board suspension system, and now has made it impossible for the main company that was trying to perfect that system in pushing traxxas to upgrade and tweak the system to be better and better. even though they were definitely not the first to introduce that type of suspension system.
on top of that... suing companies for using a O-ring type gasket to weatherproof a receiver box? really? thats the low they want to go to?

not hating on anyone drivnig them and as long as people are having fun and more and more are joining the hobby regardless on brand choice that is a success in my mind.

I love my Arrma’s and are my go to cars for sure but my other ones have a place, even the cheap $20 ones from Kmart that the kids race around the inside of the house (try doing that with a Kraton?). My stampede broke for only the second time in nearly 3 years with a could of screws pulling out holding the rear motor assembly to the chassis after my daughter landed a jump. Easy fixed.

As @D3MON says I would never give someone a hard time for buying one. I would encourage someone in the market not to for a bunch of reasons already mentioned, but it is their money and I just hope they have fun with it

I love my Arrma’s and are my go to cars for sure but my other ones have a place, even the cheap $20 ones from Kmart that the kids race around the inside of the house (try doing that with a Kraton?). My stampede broke for only the second time in nearly 3 years with a could of screws pulling out holding the rear motor assembly to the chassis after my daughter landed a jump. Easy fixed.

As @D3MON says I would never give someone a hard time for buying one. I would encourage someone in the market not to for a bunch of reasons already mentioned, but it is their money and I just hope they have fun with it
Totally agree, especially with the last one. I have actually been in the hobby longer than anyone in my bash group, and I was the one who got them all in. When they wanted to join the hobby I directed them to arrma. Because of this, I am the only one with a Traxxas vehicle because really you can’t go wrong with arrma. And for the 3.3 engines, every case of the connecting rod issue was covered by warrenty, free of charge. I've seen that people didn’t even have to send their junk motor to Traxxas. Either way, it only affected people who ran high nitro concentration and tried to push 7hp out of that motor lol. What I’m getting at is this: everyone can have their own opinion, it’s a hobby meant for personal enjoyment, and I get why everyone thumbs up the “death to Traxxas” statements, I was just giving my $0.02 lol.

Last edited:

I gave up on my 2wd Stampede as it never quite drove the way I wanted it to and it was constantly broken. I enjoy my Stampede 4x4 so much more. I keep destroying bodies though.

I installed the ProLine suspension kit and it drives very differently now. they don't make that kit any longer, which I suspect is due to it being incomplete ie you still had to separately buy new ends for the turnbuckles as they never provided any and you couldn't reuse the ones on the original as the size changed, you also needed to buy a new body mount as the kit is completely incompatible with the original. All stuff they don't tell you when you spend a $100 on the kit. Not a Traxxas issue but a proline in that case, but the car certainly drives differently, much less rolling over

Well, I own 5 Traxxas vehicles (Had 6, but my drone flew away), so maybe I like Traxxas too much to give a fair answer. I'll just yield the floor for another to answer. I hope you enjoy our forum and wish you the best luck finding your answer. H
thank you I'm looking for an online community for traxxas vehicles. I'm committed now I spent $600 on a Traxxas Maxx and I've only used it for about 6 hours and I got to spend about $300 to get it going again.