Why Didn't Y'all Tell Me???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbristv

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I didn't know I could control all of my rigs with 1 remote!

Picked up the FS GT3B for about $26 recently and it's more than enough for my purposes at the moment.

Found out I can control my light kits with the third channel which is great. Plus the cost of batteries for the other remotes alone basically paid for the radio which came with a receiver and bind plug.

I didn't know I could control all of my rigs with 1 remote!

Picked up the FS GT3B for about $26 recently and it's more than enough for my purposes at the moment.

Found out I can control my light kits with the third channel which is great. Plus the cost of batteries for the other remotes alone basically paid for the radio which came with a receiver and bind plug.
Hell yeah buddy!!! Nice score with the new TX. Alot of guys around here run the flysky radio system. Including my self, it's a good radio for the price. You really can't go wrong. Especially at 26$ dam good deal

There's a couple mods you can do to make it even better. Like bearings in the steering wheel. And can also make it to run of a 3s TX lipo pack.. no more buying AA batteries.

And like @9x19 said you will need to pick up more recivers. For any other rc you want to use with the new Flysky radio.

And like @Xraycer said the GT3B recivers are dirt cheep if bought in bulk. Even on Amazon they are.
You will also need new receivers for the other models, unless FlySky supports other brands.
No...... the flysky line of Transmitters don't work with other brand recivers. Just like other brand TX/RX. Usually the manufacturers use their own frequency for Transmitting signal.

So no other signals can interfere with the one your using. You can use different flysky recivers as long as they use the same frequency. Here's a list of compatibility recivers from flysky. For witch ever TX you are using.

FlySky transmitter and receiver compatibility table https://rc.305.cz/storage/FlySky_Tx_Rx_compatibility_table.pdf

Last edited:
You will also need new receivers for the other models, unless FlySky supports other brands.
They're already sorted! Thanks

Since the Redcat cars I run use Flysky recievers it was pretty plug and play for a couple. The receiver the remote came with took care of one other and I picked up a pair for cheap for the other two.

Only thing is I needed an esc for the piranha which came with a combo esc/receiver but that was only 10 bucks from Redcat.

I'm still thinking of getting a brushless/esc/servo combo but for now these things are good enough for the amount of fun I have with them.

I'm more for changing/painting bodies, etc.

Last edited:
Now, what happens when you want to run two at a time?

:happy:

I've considered consolidating mine with one or two remotes, but I had a bad experience with a FlySky GT3 from Amazon, (probably a fluke), returned it and just haven't tried again. I keep a box of Transmitter batteries on my desk, and just install some into whatever radio I need when I go out to play.

I found out the hard way, while trying to show my wife. But now I can [try to] drift the BMW & VW in tandem! 😁
Oh, and also, SET THE FAILSAFE! On each car!

I found out the hard way, while trying to show my wife. But now I can [try to] drift the BMW & VW in tandem! 😁
Oh, and also, SET THE FAILSAFE! On each car!
Haven both your cars in a tandem drift. That would be sweet for sure.

Are you thinking of running them at the same time. Both on the one transmitter? To get the tandem drift..

Haven both your cars in a tandem drift. That would be sweet for sure.

Are you thinking of running them at the same time. Both on the one transmitter? To get the tandem drift..
Yes, I'll need a wide open area to practice because I just redid the VW body and the BMW body is up next. Banged them both up pretty good.

If the result is any good I'll film it but I'll have to get the settings for both cars correct as I run them differently on their individual channels as programmed on the remote.

Yes, I'll need a wide open area to practice because I just redid the VW body and the BMW body is up next. Banged them both up pretty good.

If the result is any good I'll film it but I'll have to get the settings for both cars correct as I run them differently on their individual channels as programmed on the remote.
Your not going to be able to get both cars to run at the same time. Off the one transmitter. That would be crazy if that was actually possible. And a sight to see for sure.. post it up that would be awesome. If that's what your after.👍👍

Your not going to be able to get both cars to run at the same time. Off the one transmitter. That would be crazy if that was actually possible. And a sight to see for sure.. post it up that would be awesome. If that's what your after.👍👍
They all run at the same time with the one transmitter. Just since the trims are different for each car, they react differently which is why I need a wide open area.

I'm awaiting a new BMW body to replace the one I thrashed, to do what I did with the VW body so I can have them in mint condition.

When it do that, I'll put the old bodies on and go somewhere and send em.

They all run at the same time with the one transmitter. Just since the trims are different for each car, they react differently which is why I need a wide open area.

I'm awaiting a new BMW body to replace the one I thrashed, to do what I did with the VW body so I can have them in mint condition.

When it do that, I'll put the old bodies on and go somewhere and send em.
I know you run all off the same TX. Your running the flysky rite.. It sounded like you were trying to run them at the same time on the same TX. To get the tandem drift

Thanks for sharing. I’m currently looking for a controller and reciever.

Do you know what the numbers “E3U6” and “F4T9” mean? I’ve highlighted it in orange.

87AD550C-3045-49D5-8393-5EA82D60F452.jpeg

If I understand what he is saying, I did not realize you can use one controller bound to two receivers on one "model" and control the two receivers simultaneously with that controller.
Hmmmm?
I guess that is why we didn't tell you. We didn't know, well at least I didn't know.

If I understand what he is saying, I did not realize you can use one controller bound to two receivers on one "model" and control the two receivers simultaneously with that controller.
Hmmmm?
I guess that is why we didn't tell you. We didn't know, well at least I didn't know.
That's fair. What I meant by the original question (which was tongue-in-cheek for my not knowing one controller can work on multiple vehicles outside of the old 27/49mhz systems) was that I could store and control, in this case, up to 10 vehicles on one remote.

I had no idea that you could run them all at the same time which is probably what's killing my savings on batteries 😄

Yea, I figured that. I was just playin with ya.
When I found that out it was a quite a revelation. I immediately started hoarding receivers and setting my cars up to one controller.
But what really blows my mind is what you told us.
I had no idea you can bind multiple receivers to one "model" on that controller and control two receivers simultaneously.
That is cool. Drifting is probably the only use I can think of for that. I can't wait to test it myself.

It works for all models listed even empty slots. I just videoed doing it but unfortunately I captured pics of randos in the background so i may not be able to use it for 😔

I know you run all off the same TX. Your running the flysky rite.. It sounded like you were trying to run them at the same time on the same TX. To get the tandem drift

My understanding of how the Flysky GT5 works is that the different "model" settings in the radio are simply to save your trim and other settings but it's binding all the transmitters on the same frequency so if you turned on two at the same time they would both respond.

Back