Which winch?

• Thread starter Lostinthewoods86
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lostinthewoods86

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Will be picking up a trx4 in the next couple weeks, and my son of course wants the winch to go with it 😂. Is the over priced Traxxas one worth it? Better options? Injora, rcawd, hot racing, cheapo Amazon because he’s going to try to pull anything and everything? 😂😂😂

Last edited:
That’s one that I was looking at. Better then the Traxxas one you think?
I am not familiar with either, but RC4WD makes nice stuff. Traxxas does not lol. Well, at least when it comes to electronics.

I've had the Injora one for a couple of years now and I like it. It's got a lot more power than I thought it would.
0813211649e.jpg

I was going to buy the $98.00 winch from Traxxas. Thinking the winch with a remote would be best. So I bought a Axial 1.9 Capra. No need for a winch. 😁 .

It seems to me, the winch is made to get you out of trouble in competition. Not as a toy, just to see what you can winch. 🤷‍♂️ A coke can or piece of wood? My 2cents :cool:. But it belongs to you. If you ask your LHS, maybe they can give you some advice. Have fun. 😁

I agree, but try to tell a 9yo that 🤣

That is the best advice I heard so far.I think @WickedFog nailed it. Build your son an obstinate course. 🤷‍♂️ . He will love to compete against you. Win win. He wins getting into crawling. You both win doing the RC thing together. 😁. Then maybe you can both go on line and find the right winch. :cool:. Together. :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
This is the same kid that a few years ago got into our Amazon account and ordered $1800 worth of drones 😂😂😂. Luckily I get notifications and was able to stop it before it was charged 🤣
Hey, at least he was trying to order something cool!

Think I will add it to a thread build. As for the Axial, I want to work on the shocks, to gain more articulation. :cool:

No doubt, I will, my friend. 😁

And thanks for the idea. :thumbs-up:. Good idea for sure. 👀
What idea? Putting a piece of Traxxas junk on an Axial? 🤣 Not I. Nope. Never said that.

Think I will add it to a thread build. As for the Axial, I want to work on the shocks, to gain more articulation. :cool:
Wait... you said they're only good for competition. You planning on entering a crawler event?

Last edited: