which radio do you use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now, I just use the stock radio that came with the savage. Though I'd like to move up to a FM radio soon.

-WoodiE

Futaba 3PK with Spectra Module 75mhz PPM

Hitec Lynx 3d with Spectra Module 75mhz PPM

FM synthesized (dial a crash!)

All HiTec XXTra FM Synth Receivers (dial a crash as well)

-Chris

well i just bought a lynx 3d with xxtra rx nib....seems to be the best bang for the buck;)

Here's a newbie question for ya. To upgrade to an FM radio, what else do you have to swap out? I assume the receiver, but the servos should be fine right?

Servos will be fine as long as you do not go with an HRS system. This system REQUIRES digital servos only.

I dont know of any other systems that would make a difference.

Only Futaba is putting out HRS right now that I know of.

-Chris

I have gone through and upgraded several radio's and still have them all. Just can't seem to get rid of them.

• JR XS3 for my Serpent 710, Schumacher Fusion 21

• Futaba 2PL for my NTC3 (will be switched to my JR next racing season but for now, my wife is learning how to control the car)

• Futaba Magnum Jr - FM which is on standby for now

• Futaba 3PJS (PCM) - reserved for the r/c boat and will be used for the 1/12 electric I'm getting

Overall, I love my JR XS3 that I got from FastEddy ... THANKS ED! This will be used for all my cars, sooner or later. The wife will get my 2PL for her own nitro car next year. The Magnum Jr is a great beginner, "no frills" type controller. I'll probably keep it for something I get in the future or maybe sell it if I am desperate and need a pack of cigarettes.

I'm using the M8. I have tried many others but this is still the only one I like. I'm going to use a friends 3PK and see if I like it. After 4 years my M8 is getting tired. If I like the 3PK I will get one otherwise I will get another M8

JR XR3i. I got it after taking a wipeout 'hit' from a passing truck with a modified CB radio. I had the standard 3 channel Traxxas radio, and switched to the FM radio the same day it happened. I also wanted to upgrade to a computer radio since I use them with airplanes and appreciate the extra adjustable features.

The JR XS3 and XR3i are the ones I use the most. Just need to get a few more RS300 receivers and I could have all my rc's synthesized and on one radio.

I have the airtronics mx3... definately the most bang for the buck... I love it. although a synth setup would be ideal. but now they have the mx3s which is synth. but at a cost.

i like this mx3 i just bought 4 my hyper. 2 think u can get FM for 100bux, i didnt believe it when i looked at it (been away for most part of 7yrs). always used futaba when i was a kid racing competitively (A and B model mag jr's).

-Ult

JR XS3.

I have 2 transmitters since the LST came with one and I already had one.

UltegraSTI said:
i like this mx3 i just bought 4 my hyper. 2 think u can get FM for 100bux, i didnt believe it when i looked at it (been away for most part of 7yrs). always used futaba when i was a kid racing competitively (A and B model mag jr's).

-Ult

THe only problem is that the damn receiver is $80... I bought 2 full xmitters and receivers and $95 a pair through my LHS without any servo's just so I could have two receivers. I figured it was an extra $15 to have an xtra xmitter laying around incase I fall on mine or drop it...

I use the JR XR3i. It was one of the reasons I picked up my Storm over some other buggies.

Back