Which Nitro Engine Should I Buy??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Which Nitro Engine Should I Buy?

• Hong Nor Force .21 (3.5cc) Engine - SG Crank - Slide carb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fastrax ENDURO Twenty One 3-Port Nitro Engine PS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Z.hb71

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hey guys,
Can I push this thread conversation slightly beyond its original intent briefly ... starting an engine ... looks like I’ll need a starter box for the TrackStar engine .. how do they work? Is there anything “home made” I can make using my lion drill?
Well a starter box spins the Flywheel directly from under the car, you set the car on the box, line the Flywheel up with the little rubber cog on the starter box, and push down and it will spin the engine over, there are adjustable bump stops so to speak so when you adjust em correctly, when you put ur car onto the box, it will line up automatically with the cog. Heres a vid

That 👆 should help a bit

RicoBanderez

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi everyone,
Well I've heard from Horizon and it's official - I can run a pull start engine provided I use the engine mounts which cost a mere £13.99 so I've about made my mind up.

I'm changing tact and going back to the Hong Nor engine because; to me, having to invest in a starter box just seems like extra faff and not what I really want to do.

The vision I had in my head was turning up at the farm, filling the tank with fuel, pulling the starter and off I go … having a starter box just seems like additional things I have to lug about, additional batteries I have to charge and seems like extra expense in the long run. I may or may not be right.

we'll see eh.

The last thing now I need to figure out is if there's anything else I'll need to buy. Does an engine just connect up or will I need to buy some additional bits?

This is how my engine presentation stacks up now .. I think i'm about done with it for now.

Thanks again for the help guys

Attachments

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Hi everyone,
Well I've heard from Horizon and it's official - I can run a pull start engine provided I use the engine mounts which cost a mere £13.99 so I've about made my mind up.

I'm changing tact and going back to the Hong Nor engine because; to me, having to invest in a starter box just seems like extra faff and not what I really want to do.

The vision I had in my head was turning up at the farm, filling the tank with fuel, pulling the starter and off I go … having a starter box just seems like additional things I have to lug about, additional batteries I have to charge and seems like extra expense in the long run. I may or may not be right.

we'll see eh.

The last thing now I need to figure out is if there's anything else I'll need to buy. Does an engine just connect up or will I need to buy some additional bits?

This is how my engine presentation stacks up now .. I think i'm about done with it for now.

An xtra glo-plug you would need!

I was just going to say that ,you don't need a fancy engine for just bashing around the house or farm use only!....:hyperbuggy:

Z.hb71

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi everyone,

we'll see eh.

I don't think you'll need anything else. But I would get a couple extra glow plugs!

D3MON

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
to my knowledge, Pilot type cranks are not very commonly used anymore in Big Blocks, i know there are many differences between the 4.0 and the RTR but i would look at what that comes with as far as the flywheel, but it if it does show, would show which type of crank it was designed with in mind. it might even come with flywheel.
you will also need clutchbell, and shoes unless the kit already comes with those.
i am definitely very curious to see how you like that hong nor engine if thats the one you go with.
as far as pull start being preferable, i do agree with this. it is a pain especially when tuning from way off settings and the engine likes to die. have to run back to the starter box or run back and grab the drill to start again.
i did edit this as i didnt clarify well on one of the items.