Which "mini" crawler.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armykyle1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been wanting to get a mini crawler and I was dead set on a SCX24 buttttt. The FMS atlas has my eye. I really wanted a TRX6 but ended up with a 2021 bronco trx4, so this could fill me want for a 6x6 crawler. I also found on Amazon they're doing a package deal. The atlas and FC80 for a decent little discount. Can anyone possibly talk me out of it and go back to a ordering a SCX24? Also, I'm not super worried about extreme crawling. Just something to have fun with around the house.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MYZR2DK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_4AD6H3WEW2K9Z8TN8TM9

So I've been wanting to get a mini crawler and I was dead set on a SCX24 buttttt. The FMS atlas has my eye. I really wanted a TRX6 but ended up with a 2021 bronco trx4, so this could fill me want for a 6x6 crawler. I also found on Amazon they're doing a package deal. The atlas and FC80 for a decent little discount. Can anyone possibly talk me out of it and go back to a ordering a SCX24? Also, I'm not super worried about extreme crawling. Just something to have fun with around the house.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MYZR2DK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_4AD6H3WEW2K9Z8TN8TM9
@Xraycer has the FMS. In fact, he has two of them. Good looking trucks!

The Atlas is a very cool looking and very good crawler right out of the box! The tires are very good, and I really like the looks of them. Noisy little bugger, but it doesn't bother me too much. It may, to some people though. I liked this rig so much, I got a second one!

I don't feel the Land Cruiser is worth the retail price. You're paying a big chunk for the Toyota branding. I have the identical product, minus the Toyota badging, called the Patriot sold by EazyRC. Got it for under $100. Nicely, detailed hard body, but way too top heavy to be a good crawler. I had a set of metal beadlock wheels, originally bought for one of my SCX24s, where the design allowed the fitment of brass weights. I used these, and was able to greatly decrease rollovers. Still, it just doesn't cut it as a crawler.

Both of these brands lack any factory upgrades and any aftermarket support.
SCX24: Huge aftermarket support! They run smooth as butter and are just very well engineered crawling machines, impressively in such a tiny package!
For the price, I would go SCX24s all day long!
For that bundle package price you've posted, I would recommend you get the Atlas and any SCX24. You would save $30 and be getting a much, much better product.

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/fms-atlas-6x6-power-wagon.132467/

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/eazyrc-patriot.132531/

Last edited:
If you really want the Atlas this would be a much better deal but you would have to order it like right now.
Atlas sale price

The SCX is a better rig with lots of aftermarket support for less money. But if you were willing to spend that much on the FMS combo you could buy both the Atlas and the SCX24. :thumbs-up: win win :)

I've a mini one, work in progress just now, its a 1/32 Orlandoo Hunter, for scale, that a mouse and car key next to it.

20220101_130231.jpg

Thank you everyone for all the replies! I grabbed the atlas and a SCX24 deadbolt. @Xraycer i was reading that it's noisy due to the PWM used by the stock esc and others use a different pulse which make it more quite (like a castle system).

Great find on the atlas discount @Doom! I saved a decent junk and got faster shipping 😁. I'm super excited for these. I fell asleep while making this reply last night haha. I really do appreciate everyone's help!

Screenshot_20220101-003613_Chrome.jpg

Back