EazyRC Patriot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
This is my first EazyRC vehicle: 1/18 Patriot rtr. Very nicely detailed, hard plastic body, and includes a full interior. Has lights in the front and rear. However, the lights only comes on when the vehicle is moving. I suppose this is purposely done to conserve battery life? Lighting also includes blinking when any steering is involved. Not my favorite new rc trend, but I can live with it.
Speaking of battery, this came with 2, which is nice. However, they are only 380mah, so we'll see how long the run times are. The battery compartment is located under a functioning hood. A very nice design feature!
Being a hard body with so much detailed accessories, it is significantly top heavy. We'll see how this affects rock crawling performance. Another concern are the hard plastic sideview mirrors. Will they be durable enough?
The transmitter doesn't have that great of a feel for steering, nor does the steering wheel have any cushioning. However, it works just fine and, I gotta say, I think it looks really cool with that color pattern!
The tires are Teraz labeled, like those on my FMS Atlas, and I have become a big fan of those. The ones on the Patriot, however, are no where as aggressive in tread patterns. The tread patterns are scale detailed for that of a comfortable, daily vehicle. It does seems to be of the same soft compound as the ones on the Atlas.
A quick test drive in the basement, using some makeshift inclines and structures, looks very promising! Hopefully, it'll be dry enough to get it outside during the day.
1113211938a.jpg
1113211940_HDR.jpg
1113211942c.jpg
1113211944_HDR.jpg
1113211942d.jpg
1113211944a.jpg

Last edited:
Cool looking rig. I like the fact that the hood is held down with magnets. It's always nice to see a working hood on trucks.

Cool lookin little rig
Initially, I thought it was just kinda plain Jane looking, but seeing it in real life, I really like it! I hope my yellow Jeep gets here early though today for me to try it on my home course.

Cool looking rig. I like the fact that the hood is held down with magnets. It's always nice to see a working hood on trucks.
This little thing has got a ton of scale details! Look close at the 4th pic down, and you'll see defrosting wires on the rear windshield.
I wished they designed the lighting system differently though. I would prefer to have the lights just stay on and not have those dumb turn signal blinkers. I'll have to take a look at the electronics and see if I can modify it to just stay on.

Last edited:
Initially, I thought it was just kinda plain Jane looking, but seeing it in real life, I really like it! I hope my yellow Jeep gets here early though today for me to try it on my outside course.

This little thing has got a ton of scale details! Look close at the 4th pic down, and you'll see defrosting wires on the rear windshield.
I wished they designed the lighting system differently though. I would prefer to have the lights just stay on and not have those dumb turn signal blinkers. I'll have to take a look at the electronics and see if I can modify it to just stay on.
No way is that plain jane. It has the spare wheel and ladder. Really nice touches there. And the hood of course. It's not my kinda paint job, but that's what makes hardbodies so much fun. They are easy to paint.

No way is that plain jane. It has the spare wheel and ladder. Really nice touches there. And the hood of course. It's not my kinda paint job, but that's what makes hardbodies so much fun. They are easy to paint.
I just wasn't that moved via the pics on the web page. I actually like the white and black scheme, and I love the mountain range graphics!
I'm going to see if they'll fit, but I plan on getting those same aluminum wheels I got for the Deadbolt for this Toyota Patriot.

I'm going to see if they'll fit, but I plan on getting those same aluminum wheels I got for the Deadbolt for this Toyota Patriot.
I just weighed the stock wheel/tire, and it came in at just over 16g. The aluminum Deadbolt ones are just over 20g. So, at a total of just a little over 16g, I don't feel it would be worth the money.
However, those stock wheels are actual beadlocks, so I can likely add weights to the inside. I'll figure that out after today's test run.

Just remember, more rotating mass will be harder on that weak motor. Mine already died on the Deadbolt.
Understood. However, the gearing is very, very low on this (and the Atlas). I'm talking a top speed of about 1mph! Painfully slow! I'm ok with that, because I want super slow for these intended crawlers.
Should the motor goes, they can be cheaply replaced.

Understood. However, the gearing is very, very low on this (and the Atlas). I'm talking a top speed of about 1mph! Painfully slow! I'm ok with that, because I want super slow for these intended crawlers.
Should the motor goes, they can be cheaply replaced.
I am going with a PN Racing 90t brushed in the C10 and the Furitek Komodo in the Deadbolt one of these days.

I am going with a PN Racing 90t brushed in the C10 and the Furitek Komodo in the Deadbolt one of these days.
I haven't looked into motor upgrades for these micro crawlers at all. Those Furitek are too pricey for my taste. The price is right on those PN Racing motors though.

I haven't looked into motor upgrades for these micro crawlers at all. Those Furitek are too pricey for my taste. The price is right on those PN Racing motors though.
Well, you have to buy the PN Racing gear set and the ridiculously priced motor mount. But it's only about $60 for all of it. And it will run off the stock ESC.

Well, you have to buy the PN Racing gear set and the ridiculously priced motor mount. But it's only about $60 for all of it. And it will run off the stock ESC.
Oh, I didn't know about all that. Well, since they've figured out all the modifications and pro fabrication for you, I suppose $60 is a fair price.

Oh, I didn't know about all that. Well, since they've figured out all the modifications and pro fabrication for you, I suppose $60 is a fair price.
Lol. I am thoroughly impressed by your ability to see the flowers in the pile of feces 😜

The furitek is $10 cheaper. $50 for a motor, spur, motor mount, and pinion is a fair price I think. Just bear in mind you have to mod the scx a fair amount to fit her in there.

The furitek is $10 cheaper. $50 for a motor, spur, motor mount, and pinion is a fair price I think. Just bear in mind you have to mod the scx a fair amount to fit her in there.
You also have to buy an ESC. That adds another $50 to the Furitek upgrade. That and the PN Racing motor set is just a simple bolt-in upgrade.

Nice looking rig. Let me know if you figure out the lights. I would love to disable the turn signals. Who the heck is going to use turn signals on a trail in the middle of nowhere? You can't even get people to use them in town. 🤷‍♂️

I have found the solution. Find the wire that goes to the turn signal. If you run your fingers down to where it goes to the LED, making sure you only have the wires for the turn signal, then grasp firmly and yank on the wires really freakin' hard, it should stop working. Repeat on each turn signal. Then disconnect wire from receiver the same way 😜

Last edited:
Back