Where to go from here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to trash on the LHS, but they usually pay minimum wage. You ain't gonna find too many rocket surgeons at hobby shops.

Jennys is your friend:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-big-rock-crew-cab-3s-ar102711

What have you broken so far? I promise you I've already broken every part (except for receiver boxes, they're invincible). We can help you fix anything on the truck. Easily. We just need to know what needs fixin.

I work my butt off to keep up with mortgage, kids, and hobbies. Sometimes I'm not sure how my wife puts up with me. We have a 14 year old autist- wouldn't trade her for the world. We've put alot of labor into her success, and we won't be done anytime soon. I'll carry that load with joy.

I get your frustration. I jumped back into rc early in the apocalypse (may 2020) after 20 years away from it. I put more $$ into fixing that redcat blackout xbe than I would have buying a 6s arrma. Education costs money. It costs more when you're dumb like me 😉. I was burning dollars to save dimes. Now I'm just burning dollars for grins. I've learned how to go easy on a rig and not break it. But I don't. I send my sh*t. Wrenching is half the fun for me.

I'll offer you a different perspective. Breaking rc's gives me something thats easy to fix. I need that in my life.

Not to trash on the LHS, but they usually pay minimum wage. You ain't gonna find too many rocket surgeons at hobby shops.

Jennys is your friend:

What have you broken so far? I promise you I've already broken every part (except for receiver boxes, they're invincible). We can help you fix anything on the truck. Easily. We just need to know what needs fixin.

I work my butt off to keep up with mortgage, kids, and hobbies. Sometimes I'm not sure how my wife puts up with me. We have a 14 year old autist- wouldn't trade her for the world. We've put alot of labor into her success, and we won't be done anytime soon. I'll carry that load with joy.

I get your frustration. I jumped back into rc early in the apocalypse (may 2020) after 20 years away from it. I put more $$ into fixing that redcat blackout xbe than I would have buying a 6s arrma. Education costs money. It costs more when you're dumb like me 😉. I was burning dollars to save dimes. Now I'm just burning dollars for grins. I've learned how to go easy on a rig and not break it. But I don't. I send my sh*t. Wrenching is half the fun for me.

I'll offer you a different perspective. Breaking rc's gives me something thats easy to fix. I need that in my life.
That's a helluva good way to look at it. Tom will be a new day. 😆. I got a list together tonight of my issues atm. Mainly rear diff. I've sanded and adjusted teeth for the last hr. To put it in the yoke spinning great. Smooth. Without putting screws in yoke I sat it down in chassis. Locks it down. Forcable moves only. Maybe my yokes are warped?? How to tell?

Diffs are cheap, and all 3s rigs use the same ones.
https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=3s+diff

Hr yokes are seriously worth the money. Also look at a few threads here on the forum regarding shimming your diffs. I always put one or two of the tekno shims on the drive side of the diff. Keeping the mesh a little tighter has saved me alot of input gears. Because plastic flexes so much I usually start with the diffs feeling a little stiff. They loosen up after some abuse 😉

👆 Thats good advice.

Ok guys. So the rebuild is gonna happen. I've conquered way worse for goodness sakes. Its on!!
So heres the idea for the truck. You all let me know on how realistic the idea and if its possible. NOT the HOW yet. Please. Too much info overloads my eyes lol.
LOOK: Just as this pick looks... I'm really looking for the Jacked Up Truck look. Which I'm almost good with how it looks. other than some paint and true cosmetic things.
USE: Badass bashing!! Flipping and all that is way off still. Not really gonna ramp it yet. So a ground a$$ kicker.
WHERE: Mostly park area. Lots of big grass hills. Very short grass. Lots of sidewalk transitions. * why I wanted to raise truck in first place* under tree dirt areas. And a little just back and forth pavement running. i dont have any good dirt areas around so far that I've found. No rc tracks.
Will it wear on parts sitting the truck up this way?? Maybe putting harsher angles on driveshafts tie rod ends etc??
This is possible and you might be able to reposition the shocks (if the Big Rock has multiple mounting points) so they are more vertical which will give the kit a little higher stance. If you want to do anything more drastic than that its going to take a lot of works find parts from other kits that are the proper length. For example you may need to find longer shocks, longer CVDs etc. Heres the big downside to that. The higher you jack that kit up the higher your COG (center of gravity) will be which means its gonna feel more top heavy. Its also going to negatively affect the performance of of the suspension. So basically if you made it look like its got a huge lift kit under it its not going to corner as well as it used to. Hope that helps.

Oops so I see I forgot the pic last night. I was beat. Worked the last 18 of last 21 days. Not a young buck anymore.🤦.
So here is What it looks like now. I run the stock rear shocks in front and ZD Racing 110mm in the rear. No need to raise anymore. The look of it I'm good with now.

Jennys is your friend:

Actually my issues always arise when I go to do routine maintanance. The truck was running when I took it apart. How I dont know. This what my slipper assembly looked like
Diffs are cheap, and all 3s rigs use the same ones.
https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=3s+diff

Hr yokes are seriously worth the money. Also look at a few threads here on the forum regarding shimming your diffs. I always put one or two of the tekno shims on the drive side of the diff. Keeping the mesh a little tighter has saved me alot of input gears. Because plastic flexes so much I usually start with the diffs feeling a little stiff. They loosen up after some abuse 😉
So if I shim the other side it should loosen that mesh some? And hr yokes will be next investment.
That's a helluva good way to look at it. Tom will be a new day. 😆. I got a list together tonight of my issues atm. Mainly rear diff. I've sanded and adjusted teeth for the last hr. To put it in the yoke spinning great. Smooth. Without putting screws in yoke I sat it down in chassis. Locks it down. Forcable moves only. Maybe my yokes are warped?? How to tell?
And theres only 1 thing i live 100% of the time. Thats the work I put in for my son. I can only strive to be as whole and forgiving and loving as he is. In his own way. Dont walk up and touch him if u dont know him. Hes also 23 does 100 pushups everyday. "Works out" everyday. To be a WWE wrestler. I think its to wrestle the women on there 🤣

Attachments

• 20210825_121023~2.jpg
    20210825_121023~2.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210904_011008.jpg
    20210904_011008.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210903_005032.jpg
    20210903_005032.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210904_010541.jpg
    20210904_010541.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Wow I can't imagine how the slipper cuz I huge crack in it like that. Id contact Horizon Hobbies tech supprt and see if you can get a warranty replacement. Sounds like you havent had it that long. The Arrma have like a 1 or 2 years warranty on em

did I just read a life story with No pertinent information about what's the rc is whats breaking. Darn what a waste of my time?
make?
model?
whats breaking or issue is? ie car just makes noise! A check pinion/spur mesh so on
yah I did all kinds of street drugs from 1967 till mid 80's
never was a carpet crawler!
my best bud was a 2 gallons of Jack for my weeekends. started at 6pm fri barely made it to sunday afternoon.
had 2 kids.1 had to drive all over the state to pick (her )up always had a bucket n towel ready
my wifes 2018 corolla blew the motor 5 minutes after a oil change(wasn't there) garage said car was missing oil drain screw(oh what should I do)? lawyer I hired Good ole jeffrey. go me a 25 k check in 3 day he got his 25%-this was just a jab get it? but 99% true..charged a 1 cell lipo at 50 amps just to try iyt was outside in a cinder block.. was a nice explosion not it was a small fire w smoke b4 didnt inhale any
he either hit the brakes going top speed or a few others slammed it into a curb hill or jump. thru it into reverse to hard while going forward or part was defective when made.

did I just read a life story with No pertinent information about what's the rc is whats breaking. Darn what a waste of my time?
make?
model?
whats breaking or issue is? ie car just makes noise! A check pinion/spur mesh so on
yah I did all kinds of street drugs from 1967 till mid 80's
never was a carpet crawler!
my best bud was a 2 gallons of Jack for my weeekends. started at 6pm fri barely made it to sunday afternoon.
had 2 kids.1 had to drive all over the state to pick (her )up always had a bucket n towel ready
my wifes 2018 corolla blew the motor 5 minutes after a oil change(wasn't there) garage said car was missing oil drain screw(oh what should I do)? lawyer I hired Good ole jeffrey. go me a 25 k check in 3 day he got his 25%-this was just a jab get it? but 99% true..charged a 1 cell lipo at 50 amps just to try iyt was outside in a cinder block.. was a nice explosion not it was a small fire w smoke b4 didnt inhale any
he either hit the brakes going top speed or a few others slammed it into a curb hill or jump. thru it into reverse to hard while going forward or part was defective when made.
Wheeeew. Glad I didnt read any farther in your post. Dont wanna waste my time. Thanks but no thanks bud.
Wow I can't imagine how the slipper cuz I huge crack in it like that. Id contact Horizon Hobbies tech supprt and see if you can get a warranty replacement. Sounds like you havent had it that long. The Arrma have like a 1 or 2 years warranty on em
Its all good already have a whole new assembly. Its crazy I know. And the truck was running like that lol. I've posted a good bit over in the Arrma Forum. With other problems that no one else has seen. 🤷. Just little tweaks and warps that I find then want to fix b4 running again. Or like now I'll break some of the truck down to just familiarize myself with certain aspects and stuff like the diff not going back in correctly

Last edited:
Worked the last 18 of last 21 days

Did you want to work all those days?

I do not know about your state, but when I was in Illinois I worked 70 days straight, I refused to go in the next day - I got fired. Day after that I found out they fired the guy that fired me and I had my job back. Turns out that state had (has?) a law that makes it illegal to work people too many days in a row (do not remember the number.)

Did you want to work all those days?

I do not know about your state, but when I was in Illinois I worked 70 days straight, I refused to go in the next day - I got fired. Day after that I found out they fired the guy that fired me and I had my job back. Turns out that state had (has?) a law that makes it illegal to work people too many days in a row (do not remember the number.)
Yea yea. My rig is broke. Gotta make some extra 💸. 😆. I'm also trying to make a name for myself. And all I know is hard work and doing a good job. Hence why this hobby is eating me up

Yea yea. My rig is broke. Gotta make some extra 💸. 😆. I'm also trying to make a name for myself. And all I know is hard work and doing a good job. Hence why this hobby is eating me up
I know that feeling bud. All I do is work. I'm a pipe fitter. And old school also. So I take pride it what I do as I'm sure you do as well. Do it rite the first time and don't have to worry about it at all... just don't burn you self out bud been there too it's not fun.. everything becomes a blurr.. 👍👍🤣🤣. And thats crazy how that slipper spilt like that. Don't think I've had that one happen yet. Your a true basher my friend well done👍😁🤣🤣

Wheeeew. Glad I didnt read any farther in your post. Dont wanna waste my time. Thanks but no thanks bud.

Its all good already have a whole new assembly. Its crazy I know. And the truck was running like that lol. I've posted a good bit over in the Arrma Forum. With other problems that no one else has seen. 🤷. Just little tweaks and warps that I find then want to fix b4 running again. Or like now I'll break some of the truck down to just familiarize myself with certain aspects and stuff like the diff not going back in correctly
You'll have to excuse TNT. He was abused as a child 🤣🤣🤣

You'll have to excuse TNT. He was abused as a child 🤣🤣🤣

Wheeeew. Glad I didnt read any farther in your post. Dont wanna waste my time. Thanks but no thanks bud
Sorry you must excuse TNT. When the 1 cell lipo exploded he did inhale the smoke then crawled around on the carpet for a few days.. ever since then he love to contradict him self and eat his words all the time... just ignore him he's like that one uncle that always tells stories that make no sense. buy you still have to listen and laugh and live the guy for trying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 😉😉😉

Sorry you must excuse TNT. When the 1 cell lipo exploded he did inhale the smoke then crawled around on the carpet for a few days.. ever since then he love to contradict him self and eat his words all the time... just ignore him he's like that one uncle that always tells stories that make no sense. buy you still have to listen and laugh and live the guy for trying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 😉😉😉
Wait, you're saying he's the president?

I know that feeling bud. All I do is work. I'm a pipe fitter. And old school also. So I take pride it what I do as I'm sure you do as well. Do it rite the first time and don't have to worry about it at all... just don't burn you self out bud been there too it's not fun.. everything becomes a blurr.. 👍👍🤣🤣. And thats crazy how that slipper spilt like that. Don't think I've had that one happen yet. Your a true basher my friend well done👍😁🤣🤣
Maybe I bash harder than I think...I've never seen anyone else live bashing 😆.

I get this rig back together and running again. I'm def taking a weekend off and possibly go up to Crossville TN or Knoxville. Have to check which track is better and who has a better closer bash spot. I've got to get more exp thats not watching you tube.
Lol. Oh man I take zero neg over things of that sort. I even kinda get it. He was nice enough to ask about what was wrong and what rig. 😆

Maybe I bash harder than I think...I've never seen anyone else live bashing 😆.

I get this rig back together and running again. I'm def taking a weekend off and possibly go up to Crossville TN or Knoxville. Have to check which track is better and who has a better closer bash spot. I've got to get more exp thats not watching you tube.

Lol. Oh man I take zero neg over things of that sort. I even kinda get it. He was nice enough to ask about what was wrong and what rig. 😆
Oh I bash I love getting air under the tires of my Xmaxx. And my others. Wish I lived closers to you I would run with ya bud.. yeah T just says alot of stupid 💩💩 better off not paying attention to him anyway no loss that's for sure. Alot of good guys here that aren't like that.. I break alot of 💩 all depends on where I'm running tour not the only one. It's pretty much every time I go out. But it's ok part of the hobby. Just don't let it get to you bud 👍👍

Hell I can't control it on the ground yet 😆.
🤣🤣 first RC is the best.. learning how to control... it just takes time and patience bud.. we have all been there.... slow and steady next you'll be doing back flips and front flips...

Back