Where to go from here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bash, break, rebuild, repeat, it's just the nature of the hobby and I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)
HELL NO!!!!! That's what my banner says.. all day every day. Wrenching is therapy for me... it just takes time and patience... alot of patience 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣 first RC is the best.. learning how to control... it just takes time and patience bud.. we have all been there.... slow and steady next you'll be doing back flips and front flips...
Yea itll get there.
Bash, break, rebuild, repeat, it's just the nature of the hobby and I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)
Even tho i sound like a mad kid sometimes I can't quit trying to fix it or even quit thinking about fixing it 😆
HELL NO!!!!! That's what my banner says.. all day every day. Wrenching is therapy for me... it just takes time and patience... alot of patience 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm having to switch whats therapuetic. At this point its anger management🤣. Wrenching is almost like running. Most ppl do it. Some faster some than others. Some more thorough. Middle of the pack is moving smoothly together and then folks like me where I've twisted both ankles fell and busted my nose but if u keep the cameras on I'll finish........eventually.🤣😂🤣🤣.

Thats what she said!

Last edited:
Yea itll get there.

Even tho i sound like a mad kid sometimes I can't quit trying to fix it or even quit thinking about fixing it 😆

I'm having to switch whats therapuetic. At this point its anger management🤣. Wrenching is almost like running. Most ppl do it. Some faster some than others. Some more thorough. Middle of the pack is moving smoothly together and then folks like me where I've twisted both ankles fell and busted my nose but if u keep the cameras on I'll finish........eventually.🤣😂🤣🤣.

Thats what she said!
Oh man I get I've thrown my trucks across fields parking lots. When I was younger.🤣🤣🤣 I know that frustration bud. There will be a time when you break something. And you pick up the truck. And go oh that's it cool. I got that at the house. You go home tear it down and back together. With out even thinking about what you have to do. You just do it.then go out side see if if it's good. And break something else. Cuz you were so happy that it's fixed and you clipped a curb there goes the A arm.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Been there done it got the free T shirt. For buying so many parts🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I brought up RC. And I've only let it screw things up. I had thought I knew or studied enough to atleast have an idea of the fun. No idea on all else. He now is more pissed than I am that we can't keep it running. Or have it look how we want only to make it trash partz more often.
Thank you so much for sharing, I really appreciate your frankness. I hope you don't mind me responding as I am a newbie and pretty devoid of any useful rc knowledge. Two things struck me - perhaps your son is one of the key reasons you got into this? if so I wonder what would suit him best? Looks like your rigs are pretty darn fast and I guess fast means crashes means breakages, You mention anxiety / adhd I wonder if this type of rig could fuel those conditions - it probably would if I owned them! As I was thinking about getting into rc this year I was looking at similar rigs to yours but in the end I bought the scx24 deadbolt rock crawler. It was cheap (109 UK pounds). With help from the guys here I have upgraded it which has been as much fun as driving it. Total upgrade cost no more than 35 pounds (extra lipo, better servo, brass hexs to widen wheelbase). It is great fun and relaxing to drive mostly in the back yard climbing over log piles and tracks I put together. So far it seems to be unbreakable and if it did break it feels as if all parts are easy to find and cheap. I have no regrets and think that I made the right choice. Hope you don't mind my thoughts. But whatever you do thank you and very best wishes for your project.

I appreciate the appreciation LOL. I was sick of anime and wrestling and he didn't want to hear any more about football or my other adult things. So I had been thinking for a couple months even and a buddy of mine came over for the first time and brought his Granite Mega that he had just got. And it was way cool in my son seemed to enjoy watching he didn't get to drive. And I only did for about 4 minutes before the motor burnout so he had an extra motor swap them out and then in another 10 or 12 minutes was getting cut off for high temperature. My buddy leaves my son comes to me that night tell me that he thought it was way cool. So did I the few minutes that we were running so I went to researching and fell into the deep dark hole of YouTube videos of all the guys really sending these things. Guys fashion what look like to be a hundred miles an hour over all kinds of stuff in those videos.
So of course these two guys hooked before we ever bought a rig. So the boy goes off to his room and I go to my quiet area. About an hour later me and my son meet halfway in between going to show the other what we had found. Now here's where the adult kicks in and I'm like yours he's really cool looking take it easy on them kind of hundred-dollar RC's. My son was absolutely 0 concept of money brings up a super beef tout kraton 8s. Good taste for the most part right out of the box. So and doing what I thought I should I start research and look at different things. I gave him a price range nothing over the $400 mark and he comes back with Redcat Shredder. And I was the big rock / Granite wasn't sure after more research in seeing the warranty in the big brand name parts so I thought customer service Etc.
Keep this biography from turning into a weekly miniseries I'll cut to the chase. We bought a granite first loads of problems lhhs asked and recommended us to trade it in on something else go home with the big rock and advice from the lahs. Burnout 3 servos in two weeks. He told me it was ready to run as soon as I got home I charged the battery and took it outside and within 20min I had a wheel roll off that the boy cause hes skinny had to get thru the dark hole under the really old barn. 😆.
He has now told me if or when it works like Arrma showed it was supposed to, then it may be fun then. Wrenching def isnt his thing. Mechanics structure he lacks a good deal. Things failing for no reason and feeling dooped has him mad and let down. So I keep studying and see all rigs break. His response "then why do they cost so much?. They are plastic and break alot." <--GOOD POINT.
Crawling is too slow for him. And we both too new to do what we see nor can we practice cause practice breaks things and honestly we are a struggling family. That are decent people. (Son is best human I've ever met. Ever. Not cause hes mine.) That has made a few wrong choices along time ago and have had some very terrible things happen the last 7 years going on now.
Its now a ITS NOT KICKING MY ASS MISSION....OR ILL BLOW IT UP. 😆. But veing poor I can't waste that much 💰. So fixing it it is🤣🤣😂.

I can't provide much input on the RC side of things but I definitely understand frustration with hobbies. Mine have always gravitated automotive stuff. Car audio, drag racing, off road but I've been regularly involved in drag racing. There's been a number of times I was met with not enough money, poop breaking and other things outside of my control. But I would push through and have a lot of fun. So it was always rewarding. Recently I've become very bored with drag racing and decided to take a step back. I realized I kept doing modifications thinking that would get the passion flowing again. The excite for new parts was gone and that was my sign.

So if the idea still excites you, fixing it and trying again. Don't give up. Don't sell yourself short on something that can potentially change your life. My car hobbies pushed me to work harder and make more money. Which lead to a career change into the communication industry. It has been rewarding in many ways. Give yourself time and you'll figure it out.

I can't provide much input on the RC side of things but I definitely understand frustration with hobbies. Mine have always gravitated automotive stuff. Car audio, drag racing, off road but I've been regularly involved in drag racing. There's been a number of times I was met with not enough money, poop breaking and other things outside of my control. But I would push through and have a lot of fun. So it was always rewarding. Recently I've become very bored with drag racing and decided to take a step back. I realized I kept doing modifications thinking that would get the passion flowing again. The excite for new parts was gone and that was my sign.

So if the idea still excites you, fixing it and trying again. Don't give up. Don't sell yourself short on something that can potentially change your life. My car hobbies pushed me to work harder and make more money. Which lead to a career change into the communication industry. It has been rewarding in many ways. Give yourself time and you'll figure it out.
Thank you sir. And actually I did stick with it I usually do lol. I'm a very overly expressive person which tends to come off like I'm closer to the end then I maybe LOL. The rig is running better than it ever has thank you so much for your kind words

Thank you sir. And actually I did stick with it I usually do lol. I'm a very overly expressive person which tends to come off like I'm closer to the end then I maybe LOL. The rig is running better than it ever has thank you so much for your kind words

Glad you got it squared away!

Well I got it running better than it has ever ran. But I got bored and wanted to be able to do something constructive with it and the nice sleek black and chrome I had going... has now taken a different turn lol. But going to hopefully eventually get one of the blue big rock bodies or find something else that I can't live without and that'll be my show body. I'm painting wheels now. Wish id never started that. I did get a set of the Katars that comes stock on the vortex how well they may be for a Road tire

Attachments

• 20211005_175722~2.jpg
    20211005_175722~2.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 29
Well I got it running better than it has ever ran. But I got bored and wanted to be able to do something constructive with it and the nice sleek black and chrome I had going... has now taken a different turn lol. But going to hopefully eventually get one of the blue big rock bodies or find something else that I can't live without and that'll be my show body. I'm painting wheels now. Wish id never started that. I did get a set of the Katars that comes stock on the vortex how well they may be for a Road tire
That red you painted looks awesome man. Well done sir 👍👍

That red you painted looks awesome man. Well done sir 👍👍
Thanks bud. I'm base coating white. Then the red.

For a sausage link fingered, impatient, non artistic person thats its taking incredibly to long to finish.

But can't run it till it matches....why? Because my brain says so. 😆

Good thing I dont do speed (bad drugs) anymore. It would be the most badass look in the world. Sheesh ppl wouldnt have nothing like mine

🤣🤣😂🙈

That looks really sharp

Thanks bud. I'm base coating white. Then the red.

For a sausage link fingered, impatient, non artistic person thats its taking incredibly to long to finish.

But can't run it till it matches....why? Because my brain says so. 😆

Good thing I dont do speed (bad drugs) anymore. It would be the most badass look in the world. Sheesh ppl wouldnt have nothing like mine

🤣🤣😂🙈
Oh I know that feeling all to well.. and would have been finished the first two hrs after starting...not sure if you are or not. But when finished. Spray them with a couple layers of a clear coat. Will help against chipping..
Screenshot_20210918-074620_Chrome.jpg

Oh I know that feeling all to well.. and would have been finished the first two hrs after starting...not sure if you are or not. But when finished. Spray them with a couple layers of a clear coat. Will help against chipping..View attachment 134767
No didnt have much time over this weekend. Gonna put the Katars on in a few min. That way the badlands can be finished. And yep already well over 2hr. 😆. Thanks for the tip on clear coat. Nvr sprayed them b4. Bet it helps alot

No didnt have much time over this weekend. Gonna put the Katars on in a few min. That way the badlands can be finished. And yep already well over 2hr. 😆. Thanks for the tip on clear coat. Nvr sprayed them b4. Bet it helps alot
Yeah just spray the rim.. tape off the rubber. Or you can use Vaseline as a mask. And spread a thin layer around the sidewall of tire so you don't clear coat on the tire.. just little spray bursts

Back