where to buy non adjustable turnbuckles?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clockworks

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,
I just built my Savage SS and the suspension alignment is off slightly, I think due to the adjustable turnbuckles not being set to the right length. I'm not into racing, I'm just an amateur...i.e. I don't really care about adjustable suspension. I'd like to use non adjustable turnbuckles that are fixed at the proper length for my Savage. Can give me hints about where to buy these...if they exist.

Thank you.

You can get single pieces from Lunsford Racing. I think if you are going to get something, might as well be the stronger ones. If not then the stockers are going to be the best bet for you.

If you are talking about a turnbuckle that has the ball cups installed I have no idea where. Dubro has some generic ones but they are ones with the cup and you screw it down through the cup. Someone help me with the term.

If your suspension is off slightly, tell us how. ARe you finding any binding anywhere?

are you wanting front or rear? I've seen the rear turnbuckle eliminators on ebay recently. they lock the hubs strait and you take the rods completly off.

jon2 said:
If your suspension is off slightly, tell us how. ARe you finding any binding anywhere?
See the turnbuckle that the arrows are pointing to in the picture? I mean, on my Savage, one or more of them weren't assembled (by me) to the proper length so when I look at my Savage resting on the ground, the wheels (both front and back) don't look like they are perfectly straight, i.e. the rear wheels aren't perfectly parallel to each other, nor are the front wheels.

I don't have a micrometer or anything to accurately measure distance, and the instructions say to assemble the turnbuckles to be 44 and 44.5 mm, so I just eyeballed it and it seems to be off. I wish the kit just shipped with single piece turnbuckles that are fixed to the proper length.

beason said:
are you wanting front or rear? I've seen the rear turnbuckle eliminators on ebay recently. they lock the hubs strait and you take the rods completly off.
Yes, that would be awesome! Can you help me find some that will fit my Savage SS in particular? I'm very newb to this whole thing and I still don't have a grasp of which parts will fit my truck and which don't.

Also, that fixes the problem in the rear, but what about the front? The front still needs turnbuckles to connect to the steering linkage (I think that's that it's called).

Also, please look at the second picture I attached. See the spring pointed at by the red arrow? I either don't have spring or can't find it, thus my truck doesn't have functioning brakes. Any idea where I can get that part?

Thanks very much for the help, my starter, fuel, and temp gun should arrive in a few days and I can't wait to start her up!

Attachments

• high_7a.jpg
    high_7a.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136
  • high_2.jpg
    high_2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 116
here is a thread i started about them awhile back. there are links and pics there but i dont see any on ebay as of right now.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39354

and a short length of fuel tubing will work in place of that spring (and work better)..

on the front you will just have to take them off and make them the same length.

One simple thing to do would be to remove them and remeasure them yourself. It's cake. 1 simple new tool and you'd be golden. And this tool has hundreds of uses for this hobby. I am, of course, talking about the now-famous cheap-ass Harbor Freight digital caliper. Will measure up to 6 inches or 250mm. And looks like they're under $20 now. I have one and I use it all the time. And you'll be able to adjust the length of your turnbuckles perfectly in no time.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47257

Picking up one of those digital calipers is a must for anyone in the hobby. Once you own one you will find yourself using it all the time.

mcvickj said:
Picking up one of those digital calipers is a must for anyone in the hobby. Once you own one you will find yourself using it all the time.
I use mine all the time. You can pick up one for 20 or 30 bucks. Damn good investment.

Found a hell of a deal on inside and outside mikes one time and passed it up.
I still kick myself for that.

Back