Where can I find parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl75

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I live in plmouth uk and I've just bought a 1/5 scale touring car but want to know where I can order bits for it I've seem some nut they are rediclous prices. I don't mind spending some money but what I've seen so far is wrong....

I wish I had good news for you... I'm sure there are places out there who have the 1/5 scale stuff cheap... BUT most of what I see is expensive! Big toys, big prices!!!

I wish I had good news for you... I'm sure there are places out there who have the 1/5 scale stuff cheap... BUT most of what I see is expensive! Big toys, big prices!!!
Yeah give got it cheap like really really cheap but don't want to sink 100s into it really....

You can always search for used stuff for sale too.

You can always search for used stuff for sale too.
I'm not 100% sure what model it is I know it's a fg modellsport 1 5 scale nut that's about it..... I need a body shell wheels and tyres new battery which is simple and new body posts I have visited a web site where I found them now I can't remember the website lol typical.

20170424_151310.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what model it is I know it's a fg modellsport 1 5 scale nut that's about it..... I need a body shell wheels and tyres new battery which is simple and new body posts I have visited a web site where I found them now I can't remember the website lol typical.

20170424_151310.jpg
I haven't worked my magic on this one yet only had it a week lol.... getting 1/8 nitro car sorted first lol.....

lol! One mess at a time! as far as the body goes, what kind of body are you looking for on the 1/5 scale?

lol! One mess at a time! as far as the body goes, what kind of body are you looking for on the 1/5 scale?
I'm looking at what ever body I can get for it at the moment but would like a touring car body the diamentions of my car for body need to be 780x405 ish.

lol ...5th scale , not too many people here mess with that!

An if they do ,its a buggy body ,in which I don't run on my buggy!...:cool:

Ebay is your best bet!:cool:

lol ...5th scale , not too many people here mess with that!

An if they do ,its a buggy body ,in which I don't run on my buggy!...:cool:

Ebay is your best bet!:cool:
Yeah I'll just keep looking on eBay and hope for the best to get some cheap deals.might take me a while but it'll get there....

Cheers Mike for link that more body shell that I've found on uk eBay lol..... I might even chat with a seller in us to see if they would post over to uk.... would save me some money and a lot of time.....

I have never done an overseas deal on eBay. No idea what is involved or if the import taxes are a big issue. I would certainly keep looking for hobby shops as well as local eBay sales for the body.

I have never done an overseas deal on eBay. No idea what is involved or if the import taxes are a big issue. I would certainly keep looking for hobby shops as well as local eBay sales for the body.
Me neither I'm not sure about import taxes I'm just going to have to keep trawling eBay and the net and prey for cheap ( cheaper ) parts. But I'm going to start by stripping it cleaning it and working out exactly what needs to be bough or if I can make it I'll have a go at making stuff...... but I will keep you am posted on my progress lol

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/ve...t/fg-modellsport-sportline-touring-manual.pdf
fg sportsline touring car

Not 100% sure if this is it but it looks close. If it is, you can use the part numbers to search for what you need.

1025053d1359589321-1-5-scale-fg-sportsline-touring-car-fg-sportsline2.jpg
Hi MrBones , Yeah it's similar I'm sure I can use some of the part numbers for sure most appreciated thanks

Hi MrBones , Yeah it's similar I'm sure I can use some of the part numbers for sure most appreciated thanks. I've just had a quick look at them and there are quite a few part numbers I can use from the plan.... that's great

Thanks for all the help guys. I've managed to find ( with loads of trial and error and internet surfing ) a site in uk that deals with fg modellsport cars and at very sensible price too so got to save up some pennies and start my rebuild project..... Will be going either bmw or Audi touring car. Not sure about going with slicks , semi slicks or just road tyres at the moment but will get body first then go with what feels good lol..... Will be a couple of months before I've got the funds to order parts as got holiday and wife's birthday to pay for lol......but I will try and keep you up to date..... once again thanks for all the help...

Thanks for all the help guys. I've managed to find ( with loads of trial and error and internet surfing ) a site in uk that deals with fg modellsport cars and at very sensible price too so got to save up some pennies and start my rebuild project..... Will be going either bmw or Audi touring car. Not sure about going with slicks , semi slicks or just road tyres at the moment but will get body first then go with what feels good lol..... Will be a couple of months before I've got the funds to order parts as got holiday and wife's birthday to pay for lol......but I will try and keep you up to date..... once again thanks for all the help...

if you order anything from outside the EU over £15 including P&P you will have to pay vat/duty one of those does not apply until over £100
this link will help for future reference, https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/overview

i got caught getting my axle extenders for my savage had to pay a few quid on import and royal mail fee still worked out cheaper though

you likely already know but make sure to get a fail safe or 2 one for throttle one to kill the power to the spark plug/fuel supply

Sorry guys not been about for a couple of days been hectic at work lol....@craig911 yeah i got caught once with a sat nav from china so once bitten and such..... oh I'm looking at buying another transmitter ( as the last one i bought brand new was an acoms techniplus in the late 80's early 90's ( showing my age now )and reciever as the one that came with the 1/5 scale is knackered lol..... so was wondering if there were any ones you can recommend ( or avoid ) but not looking to spend a fortune.... as the car is going to take most of my money to get it back to A1.....oh and any recommendations on a fail safe as I've never used one on any of my previous cars........... thanks in advance again guys.......

Last edited:
Not really sure on that one but I THINK signals were pretty similar back in the day. What that translates to is that if you pick up another (matching number of channels) receiver that is 27mhz, you should be able to use it... But let's get real here for a moment... I think you would be WAY better off upgrading to a 2.4 system! Let's face it, that stuff is old and beat, even if it's cool and retro. If I were you, I would be looking into a system that can be used in all my rigs. So if your max # of channels used is 4, a 4 channel or higher radio... Make sure it is capable of running digital AND analog servos so you can upgrade servos as needed/wanted. Most radios are capable of a 10-20 rig memory, so you can store each kit in the on board memory of the radio without having to go thru all sorts of setup etc... They aren't THAT much money and the adjustability, reliability, range, features, waterproof components, speed... ETC... Is just without question, hands down a better option for ANYONE in RC who isn't doing a retro/resto project. Personally, I would buy 1 GOOD system that will carry you for a long time to come and be done with it. From there, if you choose to, you can upgrade servos... You WILL have to purchase new receivers for any rig you have that does not have a 2.4 system that is comparable with your radio of choice. So yeah, some investing to do but don't let it scare you. Systems can be bought for low dollar and receivers can be bought as 'knock offs' for short money which work just as well according to the ppl I have talked to and reviews I have read. Servos are really the only somewhat pricey thing you have to concern yourself with.
(esc's may or may not work with all of the features of your new radio as well. If you're using electric cars, research that as well)
Oooooooooooor... Just look for another antique receiver and hopefully it will do the job for you.

if you're looking for a good budget radio setup i run a flysky GT3B with overkillrc firmware flashed onto it, adds tons of features
you can get the newer GT3C on ebay for around £35 or the GT3B for around £25

if you get the GT3b you will want to do the bearing mod on the steering

you can also get a ST-Link V2 to flash it for another £4 if you get one and decide to use custom firmware there are guides online on how to do it

although stock the GT3b and Gt3c are brilliant pieces of kit

Not really sure on that one but I THINK signals were pretty similar back in the day. What that translates to is that if you pick up another (matching number of channels) receiver that is 27mhz, you should be able to use it... But let's get real here for a moment... I think you would be WAY better off upgrading to a 2.4 system! Let's face it, that stuff is old and beat, even if it's cool and retro. If I were you, I would be looking into a system that can be used in all my rigs. So if your max # of channels used is 4, a 4 channel or higher radio... Make sure it is capable of running digital AND analog servos so you can upgrade servos as needed/wanted. Most radios are capable of a 10-20 rig memory, so you can store each kit in the on board memory of the radio without having to go thru all sorts of setup etc... They aren't THAT much money and the adjustability, reliability, range, features, waterproof components, speed... ETC... Is just without question, hands down a better option for ANYONE in RC who isn't doing a retro/resto project. Personally, I would buy 1 GOOD system that will carry you for a long time to come and be done with it. From there, if you choose to, you can upgrade servos... You WILL have to purchase new receivers for any rig you have that does not have a 2.4 system that is comparable with your radio of choice. So yeah, some investing to do but don't let it scare you. Systems can be bought for low dollar and receivers can be bought as 'knock offs' for short money which work just as well according to the ppl I have talked to and reviews I have read. Servos are really the only somewhat pricey thing you have to concern yourself with.
(esc's may or may not work with all of the features of your new radio as well. If you're using electric cars, research that as well)
Oooooooooooor... Just look for another antique receiver and hopefully it will do the job for you.
Morning Mike ever knowledgeable thanks for info I'm deep going to up grade to 2.4 system and get an extra receiver for my 1/8 scale car so no messing around..... cheers mile your a legend......

if you're looking for a good budget radio setup i run a flysky GT3B with overkillrc firmware flashed onto it, adds tons of features
you can get the newer GT3C on ebay for around £35 or the GT3B for around £25

if you get the GT3b you will want to do the bearing mod on the steering

you can also get a ST-Link V2 to flash it for another £4 if you get one and decide to use custom firmware there are guides online on how to do it

although stock the GT3b and Gt3c are brilliant pieces of kit
I have looked at the skyfly systems but I've been out of the game a while and didn't know if they were any good but did look a nice bit of kit for the money..... ill have a look at the other system you mentioned and compare them tha ls.for the advice Craig....... cheers