When it's time time to go in...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all- many thanks to those who served and those who are serving.

So yesterday afternoon was not perfect. it was high sky, bright sun, and it was more than just a little gusty from thunderstorms in the area. So, of course, I took up a little microwarbird and went flying.
On this occasion I took my blue and silver and yellow P-51 Mustang. This little plane is a superb flier, but it requires some attention on take off and landing. But I rolled her up from the rough roadway and then spend some minutes doing the best aerobatics I can. Slow rolls, wing overs, snap rolls, and even a little bit of inverted flying, which I am not worth much at. It was good flying in the gusty wind.
And then I knew it was time to come in- don't ask me how I knew, but I knew. so I did the downwind and then the base and then the final to the roadway. I kept the speed up because this little plane does not like to be flared on landing. I slowly lowered the flight level until the plane was approaching me at about two feet off the ground. I cut the throttle and the little plane settled and rolled to a stop. I was able to taxi the plane right back to where I was standing.
Now, here's the thing. I had a spare battery with me and I could have swapped power sources and flown again. but to tell the truth, there's no way I could have done better than that first flight. so, I picked it all up and went home.

Sometimes you just have to know when it's time to go home.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Well at least you was able to get out in between storms Ed.

"Know when to quit." A basher and speed runners maxim. Good seeing it's alive and well among RC fliers.

Indeed the P-51 earned its reputation as a "widow-maker." Reading your model has similar characteristics is encouraging as it speaks well of the scaling.

Reads like you really enjoy the variety of models you have. Always enjoy reading your adventures. Cheers. 'AC'

It's tempting to take that "one more flight" but we all learn eventually to know when to call it a day. Glad you had a good one. :thumbs-up: