What's going on with kyosho??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
Is Kyosho going out of business I noticed that some stuff has been out of stock. And if you visit the website it feels like it's on life support.

I was going to get the MP9 but The Inferno Neo because the chassis is based on the original Inferno m p 7.5 and 777 there's better part support kind of how far is aftermarkets but they're very expensive. Which is why I'm not touching you until I know about this engine stuff which I am trying to learn. Give me your comments and opinions about Kyosho see you later everybody

Hello NewNitro.
This is a question I posted a few weeks ago. I posted it on here as well as another forum. It appears that Kyosho is looking at possibly revamping themselves in the US. They just appointed Cody King as the new Team Leader in the US. Right now, Kyosho is one of the best known in all the Asian markets. They are also big in the European and South American market. within the next two weeks, they are having a big meeting with all the big sponsored drivers in Japan. A for not having cars in stock, that is a problem with most of the companies our there. They didn't expect the huge demand for RC cars after everyone was in lockdown due to COVID.

The MP10 is a new vehicle and the MP10e is just came out this year. As for what they cost, they are the same price and maybe cheaper than the competitors. I have found the Kyosho cars are cheaper on their company site. Kyosho also has an active Facebook account.

I am also a big fan of Kyosho. To regain popularity in the US, I think they need to start sponsoring drivers that cans consistently make onto the podium at all the big races, including the IFMAR Worlds. That's how XRay made so big and why Associated is also still on top.

Hello NewNitro.
This is a question I posted a few weeks ago. I posted it on here as well as another forum. It appears that Kyosho is looking at possibly revamping themselves in the US. They just appointed Cody King as the new Team Leader in the US. Right now, Kyosho is one of the best known in all the Asian markets. They are also big in the European and South American market. within the next two weeks, they are having a big meeting with all the big sponsored drivers in Japan. A for not having cars in stock, that is a problem with most of the companies our there. They didn't expect the huge demand for RC cars after everyone was in lockdown due to COVID.

The MP10 is a new vehicle and the MP10e is just came out this year. As for what they cost, they are the same price and maybe cheaper than the competitors. I have found the Kyosho cars are cheaper on their company site. Kyosho also has an active Facebook account.

I am also a big fan of Kyosho. To regain popularity in the US, I think they need to start sponsoring drivers that cans consistently make onto the podium at all the big races, including the IFMAR Worlds. That's how XRay made so big and why Associated is also still on top.

Well the MP9 Nitro been out for like 12 years I think and you said that the mp9e it's basically new.

Downside about those is that they're the same price but they're expensive cuz you don't get no radio you don't get no engine you'll be paying over $1,000.

So you were saying the Kyosho is making a transition turn new distributor that will try to buy them??? Yeah I just fine it interesting that the MP9 it seemed to be a bit hard to get parts and I mean a Nitro one.
Then the previous Inferno which is the 7.5 and the very much the same 777. the only difference between those two is that the Neo has cheap parts like plastic shocks you know stuff like that.

Well the MP9 Nitro been out for like 12 years I think and you said that the mp9e it's basically new.

Downside about those is that they're the same price but they're expensive cuz you don't get no radio you don't get no engine you'll be paying over $1,000.

So you were saying the Kyosho is making a transition turn new distributor that will try to buy them??? Yeah I just fine it interesting that the MP9 it seemed to be a bit hard to get parts and I mean a Nitro one.
Then the previous Inferno which is the 7.5 and the very much the same 777. the only difference between those two is that the Neo has cheap parts like plastic shocks you know stuff like that.

Nope, I said the MP10 and MP10e is new. They are designed for racing. Therefore, they come as a rolling chassis kit. They didn't come out with the RTR version yet. However, they still make the MP9 RTR. The Neo is basically an RTR version of the MP7.5. Therefore, the Neo can be upgraded with 7.5 parts, which can be found on Ebay or Kyosho.

Kyosho is not changing distributors.

Nope, I said the MP10 and MP10e is new. They are designed for racing. Therefore, they come as a rolling chassis kit. They didn't come out with the RTR version yet. However, they still make the MP9 RTR. The Neo is basically an RTR version of the MP7.5. Therefore, the Neo can be upgraded with 7.5 parts, which can be found on Ebay or Kyosho.

Kyosho is not changing distributors.
ok mp10 i see

It's simply supply not meeting demand. Nobody expected this huge run on RC during a pandemic.

Is Kyosho going out of business I noticed that some stuff has been out of stock. And if you visit the website it feels like it's on life support.

I was going to get the MP9 but The Inferno Neo because the chassis is based on the original Inferno m p 7.5 and 777 there's better part support kind of how far is aftermarkets but they're very expensive. Which is why I'm not touching you until I know about this engine stuff which I am trying to learn. Give me your comments and opinions about Kyosho see you later everybody

I forgot to mention that Kyosho was purchased by an investment group, back in 2018. So they will be taking a few years to restructure. I'm guessing we will be seeing some big things in 2021 or 2022.

Back