Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beef stew for dinner. This was bowl #2.
20231114_185203.jpg

Hmmmm, While I was partially teasing I was basing that assumption on my wife who is Filipino. Filipino deserts are not very sweet compared to American deserts. Half of what they call deserts to me arent very sweet at all. Honestly the world is developing a serious problem with sugar. We should all be more like Filipinos in terms of deserts at least :)
Who needs dessert... just pass the lumpia!

Its funny you mentioned this. I'd dated a Filipina, and ate a lot of their food, but I have no recollection of any desserts.
Thats cuz theyre not sweet enough to be considered deserts. You probably ate some cake that you thought was a sweet-ish dinner roll lol

You just stop right there mister! My blood is 45% sugar, I need to maintain that balance!
Sounds like you have too much blood in your sugar system! 🤣

Who needs dessert... just pass the lumpia!
Preach! 🗣️🗣️🗣️

Thats cuz theyre not sweet enough to be considered deserts. You probably ate some cake that you thought was a sweet-ish dinner roll lol
I lied! I forgot about halo halo. I've only had these in Hawaii, so it could made differently there. But, these things are made very, very sweet! I love 'em though, and didn't mind the sweetness.
Screenshot_20231115_093125.jpg

I lied! I forgot about halo halo. I've only had these in Hawaii, so it could made differently there. But, these things are made very, very sweet! I love 'em though, and didn't mind the sweetness.View attachment 174976
Looks about right and you're correct that is one of the sweeter deserts they have cuz its made with sweetened condensed milk. I just can't reconcile putting milk, ube, fruit, and jello with stuff like beans and rice lol

Looks about right and you're correct that is one of the sweeter deserts they have cuz its made with sweetened condensed milk. I just can't reconcile putting milk, ube, fruit, and jello with stuff like beans and rice lol
The halo halo I've had they not use sweetened condensed milk. Just sugar syrup and a cream of some sort. The syrup was sugar melted in boiling water. Never had rice in it. Most of the components: jelly cubes; coconut meat; beans....are typically canned stuff and are soaked in a sugar syrup as well.
This is very similar to a popular to a Vietnamese desserts call che ba mau. God I love this stuff! Typically: pandin flavored jelly, mung bean paste, sweetened beans, coconut milk, sugar syrup, and shaved ice.
Vietnamese iced coffee uses a heavy amount of sweetened milk for both sweetness and creaminess. Then just a large quantity of espresso!
Screenshot_20231115_165906.jpg

Just had leftover pork roast with gravy from Sunday. Added a whole avocado and what's left of a tomato. Spritz plenty of Yellow Bird habanero hot sauce. Wow, what a fantastic flavor combination of "stuff"!
Dessert was mango and pineapple with chamoy sauce.
20231115_172456.jpg

Those Boston creme honey buns look incredible! 😮
They are. Put them in a dish, pour a little milk in the dish and let it soak in.... it's mesmerizing. Reminds me a little of Mexican b-day cake.

Korean BBQ Beef bowl with rice, kemchi, cucumber, bean sprouts, black beans, egg, and cheese, toppped with Sweet & Spicy Yum Yum sauce!

I hope this counts as healthy cuz this is about as heathy as I get lol (I know the Yum Yum is not healthy 🤷‍♂️)

20231116_180011.jpg

Back