Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a strange one. I haven't had this since I was a kid, but was just reminiscing about my childhood. The neighbors across the street, who I always thought were really poor, always made really good vittles. They had no electricity, no running water, and just a hand pump well outside. I now realize they were homesteaders, living off grid. They had no money, but seemed pretty happy. They were straight-up hillbillies in every sense of the word. They raised pigs, chickens, etc. Super nice people. I was best friends with their son.

One day his mom made this exact breakfast for us while waiting to get on the bus. When I asked what is was, my friend said "dote toast". I have no idea if that's how it's spelt, but I'm guessing they didn't even know either 😜 Instead of bread dipped in eggs and milk, it's just water, sugar, and a little flour, cooked in a boatload of butter. But it's so good, albeit really not good for you in any way shape or form. I heathied it up a bit by using whole grain bread instead of white bread. But I think it's actually better with white bread. Or maybe it was better back then because is was homemade bread, and cooked in homemade butter 🤔
20230203_040608.jpg

This is a strange one. I haven't had this since I was a kid, but was just reminiscing about my childhood. The neighbors across the street, who I always thought were really poor, always made really good vittles. They had no electricity, no running water, and just a hand pump well outside. I now realize they were homesteaders, living off grid. They had no money, but seemed pretty happy. They were straight-up hillbillies in every sense of the word. They raised pigs, chickens, etc. Super nice people. I was best friends with their son.

One day his mom made this exact breakfast for us while waiting to get on the bus. When I asked what is was, my friend said "dote toast". I have no idea if that's how it's spelt, but I'm guessing they didn't even know either 😜 Instead of bread dipped in eggs and milk, it's just water, sugar, and a little flour, cooked in a boatload of butter. But it's so good, albeit really not good for you in any way shape or form. I heathied it up a bit by using whole grain bread instead of white bread. But I think it's actually better with white bread. Or maybe it was better back then because is was homemade bread, and cooked in homemade butter 🤔
View attachment 159465
Interesting.

I often wonder if some of the food I loved as a kid tasted better back then, or has my taste buds just evolved. Possibly both?
Except for @Doom! who still eats like a 5yo.

Interesting.

I often wonder if some of the food I loved as a kid tasted better back then, or has my taste buds just evolved. Possibly both?
Except for @Doom! who still eats like a 5yo.
Yeah, I think it is food that has changed. Take soda pop for example. When I was a kid, it was made with sugar. Tomatoes in the grocery store used to be ok, but now taste like they were 3d printed. Evident if you go to a farmers market and buy real tomatoes. A burger from BK used to be amazing, but now tastes like crap 🤪

Yeah, I think it is food that has changed. Take soda pop for example. When I was a kid, it was made with sugar. Tomatoes in the grocery store used to be ok, but now taste like they were 3d printed. Evident if you go to a farmers market and buy real tomatoes. A burger from BK used to be amazing, but now tastes like crap 🤪
I believe, for the most part, this is true. I can say that one thing that has not changed, for the worse, are golden Oreos. Last night, I spotted them in the pantry, so I went ahead and grabbed one for a quick snack. I walked away and came back like 5 times 😄 Finally, grabbed a mug of milk to finish the last few 😛

I believe, for the most part, this is true. I can say that one thing that has not changed, for the worse, are golden Oreos. Last night, I spotted them in the pantry, so I went ahead and grabbed one for a quick snack. I walked away and came back like 5 times 😄 Finally, grabbed a mug of milk to finish the last few 😛
Some of the new flavors of Oreos are just ridiculously good. Have you tried the toffee crunch ones? Or the Java chip ones? Or the caramel coconut ones? OMG!

I liked my doubled stuffed oreos. Doubled stuffed has the right cookie and cream ratio where as the normal oreos has more cookie and less cream.
I like my oreos and milk. I also tried oreos and chocolate milk and that was good.

Some of the new flavors of Oreos are just ridiculously good. Have you tried the toffee crunch ones? Or the Java chip ones? Or the caramel coconut ones? OMG!
I've tried a number of them. Its been hit and misses for me. Mostly misses. My favorite new edition is the chocolate peanut butter pie! I don't believe I've seen the 2 you've mentioned.
I liked my doubled stuffed oreos. Doubled stuffed has the right cookie and cream ratio where as the normal oreos has more cookie and less cream.
I like my oreos and milk. I also tried oreos and chocolate milk and that was good.
Just the opposite for me, so not a fan of the double stuffed.

Eggs, sausage, peppers, onions, cheese, Tapatio, Oreos.
I prefer double stuff but our grocery store was out.

View attachment 159471
This is just an unbalanced diet. You could simply correct this by adding an additional Oreo ;)

This could be epic, if you had Oreo crumble in the egg itself! :eek:

I've tried a number of them. Its been hit and misses for me. Mostly misses. My favorite new edition is the chocolate peanut butter pie! I don't believe I've seen the 2 you've mentioned.

Just the opposite for me, so not a fan of the double stuffed.
double stuff, single stuff... doesn't matter. ALL YOUR OREOS ARE BELONG TO ME!

For dinner I had a Subway Club with Black Truffle and Olive Oil chips. I like their club with lettuce, pickles, a few banana peppers, mayo, oil, vinegar, and enough pepper to choke a horse :)
20230203_154500(1).jpg
20230203_154512.jpg

It's Friday...guess what I had for dinner? 😂 I'm so boring and predictable with food. At least it was fresh and not frozen this time. And of course my fav topping, pineapples!! 😁✌️🍍
You made me laugh, growing up Wednesday was always Spaghetti night. 🤣

Back