Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a bag of frozen wild blueberries and thaw some out to toss in with it. You can never have too many blueberries.

mmmm blueberry pancakes.

R.gif

Pulled this off the web, so I would say yes, it's good for the heart.

Central Food Technological Research Institute in India suggests that black pepper may help the body regulate cholesterol. High cholesterol levels can lead to high blood pressure, increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke. It may also help digestion by stimulating the taste buds, signaling to the stomach to produce hydrochloric acid. Without sufficient hydrochloric acid, you can develop heartburn. According to a 2010 study at Michigan State University, black pepper exhibits anticancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Colorado State University reports that together, turmeric and black pepper decrease breast cancer stem cells. Additionally, black pepper is a source of chromium, manganese, vitamin K and iron.

Pulled this off the web, so I would say yes, it's good for the heart.

Central Food Technological Research Institute in India suggests that black pepper may help the body regulate cholesterol. High cholesterol levels can lead to high blood pressure, increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke. It may also help digestion by stimulating the taste buds, signaling to the stomach to produce hydrochloric acid. Without sufficient hydrochloric acid, you can develop heartburn. According to a 2010 study at Michigan State University, black pepper exhibits anticancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Colorado State University reports that together, turmeric and black pepper decrease breast cancer stem cells. Additionally, black pepper is a source of chromium, manganese, vitamin K and iron.
Well hell, I'm gonna start snortin' pepper!! 😂 😂

With Susan and 1 child in FL, and our oldest headed back down to the University of Delaware today, it was just the boy and I for dinner tonight.
I just felt like a chef tonight, so made a number of stuff for dinner: baby back ribs with honey sriracha sauce; pan fried string beans with toasted almond slivers; Jiffy cornbread. Threw yesterday's French fries into the air fryer to complete the meal.
Enjoying super sweet cantaloupe right now while I'm waiting for the pork butt to get done in the Instant Pot for tomorrow's dinner.
20230205_181201.jpg

Grilled some burgers and some asian style pork belly on the grill yesterday. Burgers are mostly for me and the pork belly is mostly for my wife although I do love pork belly cooked on the grill, especially when the skin is good and crunchy! I had a cheesburger, tater tots, a piece of pork belly and an IBC Black Cherry soda for dinner last night. Good stuff!
20230205_175806.jpg
20230205_182739.jpg
20230205_185010.jpg
20230205_184200.jpg

Back