Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One of my favorite things about constantly being in Houston is "taco trucks".

So my contribution today is green things covered in greenish/white sauce. Great for clearing nasal passages. I'll also be stealing @Xraycer thread idea for my next thread.

20211215_234037.jpg

So I saw the favorite TV show thread, so maybe these can be combined?

Anyway, I consume more media than I should but oh well. So I've setup a decent HT setup in my smallish living room(18x16). Currently 5.1 since one of my ceiling speakers died. But I'll be doing 5.2.2 eventually. I like bass 😁.

So once I learned there will be a new "matrix movie, I was very excited. A few years ago(before I learned of this), I purchased the matrix trilogy on Bluray. But I never actually watched it and the last time I watched these movies is when they were new. So 18ish years ago lol. For the past few days, I binge watched all three movies. The movies still looked good with my 4k bluray player upscale and regular bluray player. Obviously the CGI was very outdated and some of acting. Anyway, it was enjoyable to watch all three movies again. So I'm very pumped for the new movie! I hope the semi local imax theater has a viewing. If not, I'll be fine with HBO max release at my house 😁. Second pic is watching the Lego star wars holiday special, with my kiddo.

20211215_233925.jpg

20211216_002330.jpg

One of my favorite things about constantly being in Houston is "taco trucks".

So my contribution today is green things covered in greenish/white sauce. Great for clearing nasal passages. I'll also be stealing @Xraycer thread idea for my next thread.

View attachment 139112
Wusabi peas!

Like the picture quality. Has a good pic of me in the back!

Side note looks like buzz was in the lotion. 🤣

Fur the past 10 years or so, I hardly use the tv anymore. I would just rather be working on something. Plus, my attention span have gotten shorter these days.
The only time I briefly watch tv, is when I'm taking a break from something and having a bite to eat. During those brief times, it's usually something about living of the grid or the Food Network. On rare occasions, I have stumbled across and been sucked in by certain movies: John Wick, most Marvel movies, LOTR/Hobbits.
Just a plain Panasonic tv and soundbar. Nothing fancy at all.

I do underground music or compilations off youtube. Occasiomally I'm lucky to watch cartoons while I eat on my tv if not in use. My attention span is so short I dont play playstation too much anymore.

We have a Samsung 55 inch, used to have lots of speakers and all the goodies, but honestly I got tired of all the wiring and headaches that went with it, the newer sound bars do simulated surround well enough. Still enjoy a good movie marathon once in a while, the wife is usually on the Hallmark Channel while I read my groups on my tablet.

Fur the past 10 years or so, I hardly use the tv anymore. I would just rather be working on something. Plus, my attention span have gotten shorter these days.
The only time I briefly watch tv, is when I'm taking a break from something and having a bite to eat. During those brief times, it's usually something about living of the grid or the Food Network. On rare occasions, I have stumbled across and been sucked in by certain movies: John Wick, most Marvel movies, LOTR/Hobbits.
Just a plain Panasonic tv and soundbar. Nothing fancy at all.

Most of the time it's background noise for me or I'm streaming music to the receiver. But when I watch a movie, I want to really enjoy it. John wick was a great series of movies! Marvel movies are very good as well.

We have a Samsung 55 inch, used to have lots of speakers and all the goodies, but honestly I got tired of all the wiring and headaches that went with it, the newer sound bars do simulated surround well enough. Still enjoy a good movie marathon once in a while, the wife is usually on the Hallmark Channel while I read my groups on my tablet.

Honestly, sound bars have come a long way and can provide a great cinematic experience.

Watching Gordon Ramsay's Uncharted. Really good show about food all over the world. I'm f'n hungry 🤪

I remember when we got our first real surround system and I put in Saving Private Ryan.....Bam! felt like we were right in the middle of it. 😍
Well, you do live in Sacramento 😁
Watching Gordon Ramsay's Uncharted. Really good show about food all over the world. I'm f'n hungry 🤪
Not me, I'm chowing on a large bowl of Apple Jacks as I'm typing this! 😁

I'm stuck in Cali but not Sacto! :p otherwise you might see me in the headlines.
shooting machine gun GIF

I just finished a box of Applejacks last week! 😍

cereal GIF

I remember when we got our first real surround system and I put in Saving Private Ryan.....Bam! felt like we were right in the middle of it. 😍

Still a great movie! I think my favorite war movie of all time is fury though. It's perfect for surround sound too!

I can't watch food shows, because I'll get even fatter and spend more at the grocery store 😂

I'm stuck in Cali but not Sacto! :p otherwise you might see me in the headlines.
shooting machine gun GIF

I just finished a box of Applejacks last week! 😍

cereal GIF

Sacramento isn't what it used to be. Sometimes I miss Cali, then I realize I like being able to afford a house 😂 and no hating on hotrods.

My son had a soccer game this evening, about 40min from home. Afterwards, he, one of his teammate, and I swung into Burger King and grabbed dinner.
I had a coupon for the family bundle: 3 Whoppers, 3 Whopper Jr, 4 fries. All for $12.99! 😀

Back