Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays lunch....chilled monkey brains.

chilled-monkey-brain-1.jpg

It's in the oven and I'm cheating on my "no iron" diet.
Meatloaf, baked potato, and caramelized carrots.

Once in a while I get to trade a pint of blood for a pound of meat loaf. Damn that was good, the trade was well worth it.

Vikingo!

I love stuff like this! There's a place called Jose McIntyre in Boston.

It's that carnitas?
I thought the name was pretty clever too!
Definitely a play on Minnesota. 🤣

The small time family owned trucks and restaurants are always the BEST!! 👌

Carnitas it was. 😋

Elk butt again
20211214_174345.jpg

Cracked pepper and fancy black garlic infused salt rub with thyme from the garden. That was thrown into a bag and into the food sucker. It then went into the hot tub for 24hrs, then I browned it in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet for a finish. Smells kinda good...

Elk butt again
View attachment 139057
Cracked pepper and fancy black garlic infused salt rub with thyme from the garden. That was thrown into a bag and into the food sucker. It then went into the hot tub for 24hrs, then I browned it in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet for a finish. Smells kinda good...
Good gracious!

So, is Elk butt, actually a cut from the shoulder area?

While picking up motor oil from my local Super Walmart, I figured out what to make going for dinner. French bread pizza.
Sauteed up onions, red peppers, and baby Bella's and some frozen meatballs for toppings. Mine had plenty of oregano and red pepper flakes. Delish!
1214211919.jpg

Ham and Mac and cheese tonight, sorry I forgot to get pics of the dirty dishes. 🤣

I just finished eating a really good meal, and you guys are still making my mouth water. 👅

Back