Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pellet smoker at 180 for about an hour or two
I'm gonna guess elk.

Dinner:
It's taco Wednesday!......or something like that.
Sauteed up ground beef with diced portabello mushrooms, onions and green peppers. Tried Old El Paso nacho cheese flavor taco shells (copy version of Taco Bell's Doritos taco shell).
Meh. My son and I both agreed that it wasn't anything special. The taco overall was very good though.
1208211826.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess elk.

Dinner:
It's taco Wednesday!......or something like that.
Sauteed up ground beef with diced portabello mushrooms, onions and green peppers. Tried Old El Paso nacho cheese flavor taco shells (copy version of Taco Bell's Doritos taco shell).
Meh. My son and I both agreed that it wasn't anything special. The taco overall was very good though.View attachment 138768

I like those shells because they're easy to stack lol.

Tried my hand at stirfry noodles tonight. Just some peppers, eggs and Indomie noodles. Gonna some veggies next time as well another protein. Either chicken or some beef. Should be kinda easy to perfect.

20211208_191503.jpg

I like those shells because they're easy to stack lol.

Tried my hand at stirfry noodles tonight. Just some peppers, eggs and Indomie noodles. Gonna some veggies next time as well another protein. Either chicken or some beef. Should be kinda easy to perfect.

View attachment 138781
Nice try, but I know those came in a styrofoam cup! 😂

Thanksgiving revisited. Sorta. Fur dinner tonight, Susan made: pan fried chicken breasts, stuffing, string beans, and gravy.
Dessert was a chocolate mint filling Twinkie.
1209211923.jpg

Just the boy and me tonight for dinner. So, I wanted solid guy food! I roasted 4 yellow potatoes on the grill. Coated them in oil, salt and pepper. When the potatoes were done, I threw on 4 natural casing dogs. While the dogs were grilling, I need up a can of Hormel's angus chili.
Split up the baked potatoes, added the chili, cut the dogs into smaller pieces, spread on a generous amount of Mexican blend shredded cheese, and a healthy dose of Yucateco hot sauce.
Man, what a guilty pleasure! I am stuffed!
1212211844a.jpg

Tonight was stuffed bell peppers. Good stuff!
What was it stuffed with?

Work was slow and we were way over staffed, so I got to go home early. It was a very mild day, so I took advantage and did an over due oil change to my Honda HRV. Right afterwards, I threw a 4lb rack of spare ribs into the oven. Cooked it, low and slow. Also, sauteed up garlic string beans.Tried a New bbq sauce,Sticky Fingers Smokehouse: Sweet Kentucky Bourbon. Cornbread was store bought.
3hrs later, the ribs came out nice and tender and delicious!
1213211850.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about you all, but, Man, I love food! All kinds of food!

So tonight, the wife left me to fend for myself for dinner. She and our 2 girls were all set. Our son is away at a game, and won't be home until late. This is actually great because I've been hankering for chilli cheese dogs.
Boiled natural casing hot dogs, Walmart Great Value chilli with no beans, Mexican cheese blend, fresh jalapeno, raw onions, cilantro, and Valentino hot sauce. Washed it down with a cold, citrusy Sam Adams Porch Rocker.
Man, that really hit the spot!View attachment 134913
So, what are you eating?!
Good job ,Dad!

A huge f'n burrito. I have been perfecting my burrito making ability for the last few months and it just doesn't matter how I make them. Each one is as good as the last. I think I have a problem because I just whipped up 4lb of spicey ground chuck. I need to seek out some BA meetings. "Hi, my name is uhh, Juan" 😜

Elk schnitzel, pan fried potatoes, and sauteed sweet cabbage (hungarian thing). No pics, though. It went fast
Do you use any sauce with those schnitzel?
A huge f'n burrito. I have been perfecting my burrito making ability for the last few months and it just doesn't matter how I make them. Each one is as good as the last. I think I have a problem because I just whipped up 4lb of spicey ground chuck. I need to seek out some BA meetings. "Hi, my name is uhh, Juan" 😜
How about changing up the burritos?
Steak bomb burrito
Lasagna burrito
Poutine burrito
Chinese fried rice burrito
😀

Last edited:

Steak bomb burrito
Lasagna burrito
Poutine burrito
😀
Believe me, I have been throwing the kitchen sink in there ;)

Steak bomb burrito
Lasagna burrito
Poutine burrito
😀
We used the sweet cabbage as a topper for the schnitzel. I couldn't justify putting anything else on it. I used a bunch of black garlic infused salt in the breading, so I really hesitated to cover it.

Back