Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at KC's Rib Shack right now with my son, after his soccer game. I was really surprised he said yes when I asked if he wanted to come here after his game. At 14, doesn't seem like he wants to be seen with his parents any more. I'm really glad he said yes. I don't get too many father and kids moments with my teen kids any more.
1204211359.jpg
1204211359a.jpg

Glad you had a good lunch with your son, gotta get 'em when ya can, looks tasty too!
Thanks, J!

My son had a brisket sandwich with hand cut fries. My plate above was brisket, spare ribs, Brunswick stew, chilli, and cornbread.

That lunch really filled me up! So much so, that even at 8:30pm, I still wasn't hungry. It's getting late, so I figured I'd eat something small. There was 2 slices of sliced bread left, so I wanted to just use it up. Made me an almond butter and grape jelly sandwich. Never knew how well this went with a Rolling Rock beer!

Cheeseburgers for dinner. Mine and my son had a fried egg, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and fresh jalapenos. However, he had sweet and spicy Doritos, and I had chilli cheese Fritos. We both had Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
Mexican fruit and cream popsicles for dessert.
1205211805.jpg

Got motivated to turn this
20211205_215358.jpg

Into this
20211205_215352.jpg

Quality control is mandatory
20211205_215355.jpg

Equal amounts of elk and antelope, cut with about 25-30% wagyu. Then my Hungarian wife added some spices. Then she added more. Now she's adding more. I don't honestly know if any of the first 5# will make it into the smoker.
Most of it made it to the casing! Now to let it sit overnight, then smoke.
20211205_224115.jpg

First time, wish me luck!

Last edited:
Got motivated to turn this
View attachment 138620
Into this
View attachment 138621
Quality control is mandatory
View attachment 138622
Equal amounts of elk and antelope, cut with about 25-30% wagyu. Then my Hungarian wife added some spices. Then she added more. Now she's adding more. I don't honestly know if any of the first 5# will make it into the smoker.
Most of it made it to the casing! Now to let it sit overnight, then smoke.
View attachment 138623
First time, wish me luck!
Oh, my! 😱

Buttered and ovened potatoes, honey roasted peanuts, a hot dog on 3 rolls, cabbage and carrots with a 4 or so inch half of keiwbasa, and now cream of wheat and sugar with 4 slices of thomas muffins.

Last edited:
Smoked.
View attachment 138664
And smoked up some elk jerky. Because jerky
View attachment 138665
What heating method do you use to make jerky?

It's been years, but I was on a beef jerky kick for a span of time. I still have my large capacity Excalibur dehydrator. Used to make dried fruits when the kids were very, very young (and liked fruits). Put it away for several years, then starting making jerky. I'll have to put it back into action one of these days.
Buttered and ovened potatoes, honey roasted peanuts, a hot dog on 3 rolls, cabbage and carrots with a 4 or so inch half of keiwbasa, and now cream of wheat and sugar with 4 slices of thomas muffins.
How long was this hot dog 🌭? 😶

Last edited:
Back