Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, not really. They prefer not to eat the actual fat tissue, but they still prefer the high fatty cuts of meat such as ribeye. Of course, we all know that fried chicken skin is the bomb!
I just meant in comparison Americans generally trim excess fat off their meat where as Filipinos love to eat the fat just as much as they do the meat.

I just meant in comparison Americans generally trim excess fat off their meat where as Filipinos love to eat the fat just as much as they do the meat.
Just wanted to clarify 😉

Same with the older Vietnamese generations. The younger generations are probably more educated and health conscious.
Here's a very popular dish:
https://delightfulplate.com/vietnamese-caramelized-pork-belly-thit-kho-tau/
Vietnamese-Caramelized-Pork-Belly-with-Eggs.jpg

Spotted an ad about some mall eatery that sells loaded baked potato’s.

I have been playing around with some different recipes and have a lot of left over stuff in the fridge.

So for dinner I got some big russet potato’s
Oil salt and bake for 1hour at 400 f.

Then load ‘‘em up with sour cream and chives with butter and some cooked pancetta and mild cheddar cheese and some broccoli.

Totally the bomb.

With all this talk about Asian cuisine, it has me remembering a question I thought of awhile back. How do you eat rice with chopsticks? I tried once, but it was like trying to catch a fish with a lasso.

Just wanted to clarify 😉

Same with the older Vietnamese generations. The younger generations are probably more educated and health conscious.
Here's a very popular dish:
https://delightfulplate.com/vietnamese-caramelized-pork-belly-thit-kho-tau/
View attachment 136274
10 years ago Id had no idea what that was but being married to an Asian I recognized pork belly right off! I wont eat it, but I definitely recognized it lol

With all this talk about Asian cuisine, it has me remembering a question I thought of awhile back. How do you eat rice with chopsticks? I tried once, but it was like trying to catch a fish with a lasso.
Prolly why Filipinos eat everything with their hands. They said you other Asians are crazy as hell for using that crap! 🤣

Prolly why Filipinos eat everything with their hands. They said you other Asians are crazy as hell for using that crap! 🤣
It's like the Chinese sat and thought about eating rice, and came up with the worst utensil they could to eat it with to give to prisoners or something, and it caught on 😜

Spotted an ad about some mall eatery that sells loaded baked potato’s.

I have been playing around with some different recipes and have a lot of left over stuff in the fridge.

So for dinner I got some big russet potato’s
Oil salt and bake for 1hour at 400 f.

Then load ‘‘em up with sour cream and chives with butter and some cooked pancetta and mild cheddar cheese and some broccoli.

Totally the bomb.
I love a good loaded baked potato!
Asians typically eat sticky rice, which clumps up. So, it's easy to pick up a clump of rice. Another thing is that Asians typically eat with rice bowls. The bowls are brought to the mouth, and the rice is "shoveled" in.

Having 2 of the little red barren pizzas for lunch. Found out theres a new Hawaiian restaurant not to far from me I might order for dinner. Just no idea what Hawaiian food is haha.

Having 2 of the little red barren pizzas for lunch. Found out theres a new Hawaiian restaurant not to far from me I might order for dinner. Just no idea what Hawaiian food is haha.
Like many "Hawaiian" restaurants, it'll probably be essentially Asian fusion type stuff.
I'm betting its got pinapple in it! lol
I hate when I read a recipe that has Hawaiian in the title and of course there's pineapple and/or ham in the recipe.
People in Hawaii don't use pineapple in their cooking hardly.
Spam? Now, that's another story.

Last edited:
Like many "Hawaiian" restaurants, it'll probably be essentially Asian fusion type stuff.

I hate when I read a recipe that has Hawaiian in the title and of course there's pineapple and/or ham in the recipe.
People in Hawaii don't use pineapple in their cooking hardly.
Spam? Now, that's another story.
I'm convinced an Asian invented spam. Filipinos eat it like crazy. yuuuuuuck! lol

Tonight was tempura coated spicy chicken and rice with a sweet honey dipping sauce, and green salad. Yummy!
Now you've got me craving tempura.......shrimp, specifically!

I'm convinced an Asian invented spam. Filipinos eat it like crazy. yuuuuuuck! lol
Not gonna lie, I don't mind Spam. I'm Asian.........so coincidence? 😆

While Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam, it is still quite popular in the lower 48. However, it typically is more popular with the much older demographics.

I'm convinced that Spam has a closeted fan base. Just like prunes and fruit cakes. Not gonna lie, I like all the above. 😁

While Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam, it is still quite popular in the lower 48. However, it typically is more popular with the much older demographics.

I'm convinced that Spam has a closeted fan base. Just like prunes and fruit cakes. Not gonna lie, I like all the above. 😁
You can have all of the above 🤣
Breakfast is left over shrimp and mussels sauteed in garlic and butter over rice with lots of pepper. :)

Last nights dinner was hotdogs. :)

20211111_081835.jpg
20211110_194919.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast is left over shrimp and muscles sauteed in garlic and butter over rice with lots of pepper. :)

View attachment 136313
Brah, that there is a spot on Southeast Asian kind of breakfast!

........but, I'm sure you were wishing there was also potatoes in there as well 🤣

Brah, that there is a spot on Southeast Asian kind of breakfast!

........but, I'm sure you were wishing there was also potatoes in there as well 🤣
lol, I'm not gonna lie, the potatoes do speak to my American side but yeah you aint lying about it being a southeast Asian dish :)
My wife made this seafood for her dinner and I'm eating it for my breakfast. Soooo good but then I love seafood :)

My late grandmother was born in 1902 in Arkansas. She always had Spam and prunes, and I loved cooked prunes and Spam (not together mind you), as long as she made it. And fruit cake is the bomb.

Back