Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that, I just never realized how prevalent the potato is in American culture until she pointed it out. I know Asians eat rice with almost every meal because its very obvious from the outside looking in but, I guess cuz i grew up in America I never realized that we do the same thing with potatoes.
It's not just Asians. Many African and Spanish cultures eat rice with nearly every meal as well.

It's not just Asians. Many African and Spanish cultures eat rice with nearly every meal as well.
I think basically the whole world besides us and the Aussies eat rice with every meal 😁

Well, it is in our blood. A lot of us have our family tree leading back to Ireland, Scottland, England, etc. It's their fault we like taters so much.

And dammit. Now you guys got me spending money on tater salad. Local deli has some killer salads.
I'm willing to bet that if rice can grow in temperate climate, Anglos probably would be eating rice as a staple as well.

I'm willing to bet that if rice can grow in temperate climate, Anglos probably would be eating rice as a staple as well.
I bet you're right. It goes good with just about everything. I know if my dad could have grown it he would have. He'd have a bowl of rice in the mornings with raisins. I'd like to see someone try that with potatoes lol.

He'd have a bowl of rice in the mornings with raisins.
Respect! 😀
I'm not a huge fan of rice. At least not plain white rice.
I love plain white rice.... obviously!
I like that it takes up the flavor of whatever you're eating it with.

........even raisins, I suppose 😂

Last edited:
That'll work for me as well, but I would prefer it with bacon, a fried egg, avocado slices, grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos and ketchup. Simple!
I just gained a pound reading that. Make mine a double.

Breakfast from work right at this moment.
Happy Friday, everyone!
16361105581851873073291.jpg

I was just coming to this thread to say "leftover Chinese", but I won't now because now I'm hungry again looking at that.

Oh, and your new nickname is Tater Tot 😝

I'm eating "Lugaw" (Lou-gow), Basically Filipino rice porridge with chicken and hardboiled egg. Seasoned with garlic, ginger, and various assorted other seasonings. Very hearty flavor to it. Kind of the Filipino version of chicken noodle soup in terms of it being primarily a breakfast food and its also very common food for people to eat when they are sick. They also feed it to the drunks late at night to try and sober them up lol.
20211105_072301.jpg

I'm eating "Lugaw" (Lou-gow), Basically Filipino rice porridge with chicken and hardboiled egg. Seasoned with garlic, ginger, and various assorted other seasonings. Very hearty flavor to it. Kind of the Filipino version of chicken noodle soup in terms of it being primarily a breakfast food and its also very common food for people to eat when they are sick. They also feed it to the drunks late at night to try and sober them up lol.
View attachment 135921
Oh that looks yummy. But it reminds me of a comedian that did a skit on a chicken omlette where the chicken was upset about her babies being put in an omlette, then the chicken was too 🤣

View attachment 135921
No video in this, but I found it. It's from Jimmy Shubert's Alive and Kickin' special. Funny 💩

Most definitely.

Back