Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just not fond of making mashed potatoes. Peeling, chopping, boiling, mashing. Blah. Give me french fries lol.

Blasphemer! French fries do not hold a candle to the brilliance that is mashed potatoes! Of course, I don't have to peel 'em, I'm allergic to raw potatoes. Once they are boiled, I'm on mashing duty, but they are so worth it. Love Shepards pie too. :)

Tonight we had to run errands on the way home so we grabbed Arby's.

To could just buy ready made mashed potatoes.

How about substituting the mashed taters with a layer of frozen tater tots or steak fries?
Yeah, I might try just grabbing some taters from the deli if I make it. I have a hard time cooking anything anymore.

I found a really easy recipe that is actually killer. Thin sliced chicken breasts marinated in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and olive oil. Then topped with cream cheese, then wilted spinach, then mozerella and smoked provolone. Baked til the cheese turns brown and bubbly. My gawd that chit is good.
Blasphemer! French fries do not hold a candle to the brilliance that is mashed potatoes! Of course, I don't have to peel 'em, I'm allergic to raw potatoes. Once they are boiled, I'm on mashing duty, but they are so worth it. Love Shepards pie too. :)

Oh, I love homemade mashed taters. I just can't stand long enough to prepare them.

Whoa there! Let's not go attacking French fries, now. Let's remember that the rule of thumb is deep fried, trumps all! 😉

Standing and I are also becoming enemies, as long as I'm moving, I'm ok, once I stop, it is difficult to stand again. Then it takes me about 10 steps before I'm sure I'm going to remain up right. Spent too many years standing on the job, it's caught up with me really fast in the last two years.

I found a really easy recipe that is actually killer. Thin sliced chicken breasts marinated in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and olive oil. Then topped with cream cheese, then wilted spinach, then mozerella and smoked provolone. Baked til the cheese turns brown and bubbly. My gawd that chit is good.
May have to try this soon. We've got a large pack of chicken breast in the fridge right now.
If it were up to me, it would be a large pack of thighs, but the wife doesn't care for dark chicken meat 🙄

I'm a tater guy myself. Only mashed I like, is with chunks, and as a potatoe pancake.

I've been craving a Tator tot casserole.

May have to try this soon. We've got a large pack of chicken breast in the fridge right now.
If it were up to me, it would be a large pack of thighs, but the wife doesn't care for dark chicken meat 🙄
I like dark meat better as well, but in this, it is probably better with breasts. Here ya go.
https://www.eatwell101.com/spinach-chicken-casserole-recipe
Spinach-Chicken-Casserole-Recipe-.jpg

I've never had shepards pie either. I should see if the wife will make it one night.

I dont care what a potato looks like on the outside as long as its a potato. My wife calls potatoes "American Rice"....I mean she aint wrong

I've never had shepards pie either. I should see if the wife will make it one night.

I dont care what a potato looks like on the outside as long as its a potato. My wife calls potatoes "American Rice"....I mean she aint wrong
Yeah, she's pretty spot on there. I love my rice a lot more than potatoes. Especially the really long grain basmati rice. There is an Indian restaurant here that uses rice that almost looks like noodles. Great food. I wish I could afford to eat it every day, as I sit here craving it right now lol.

Yeah, she's pretty spot on there. I love my rice a lot more than potatoes. Especially the really long grain basmati rice. There is an Indian restaurant here that uses rice that almost looks like noodles. Great food. I wish I could afford to eat it every day, as I sit here craving it right now lol.
I honestly never thought about it but Americans eat potatoes with just about every meal. One day when I was teasing her for eatting rice with every meal because shes Asian she was like " You eat rice all the time too" and I said "I've eaten more rice in the 10 years I've been married to you then I have in my whole life". She was like "Not Asian rice, American rice." At first I was like "WTF are you talkin about?" and she said "Potatoes are American rice, you eat them with most meals". I just busted up laughing. I was like "Huh, I never thought of it like that. can't argue with you there!"

I honestly never thought about it but Americans eat potatoes with just about every meal. One day when I was teasing her for eatting rice with every meal because shes Asian she was like " You eat rice all the time too" and I said "I've eaten more rice in the 10 years I've been married to you then I have in my whole life". She was like "Not Asian rice, American rice." At first I was like "WTF are you talkin about?" and she said "Potatoes are American rice, you eat them with most meals". I just busted up laughing. I was like "Huh, I never thought of it like that. can't argue with you there!"
Potatoes, rice, pasta - they're all called starches in the culinary world. Meat and potatoes, meat and rice, meat and pasta. It's common in just about every culture except those vegan weirdos lol.

I agree. This is a strong flavored, rich dish, so breast would work better.
It's a great recipe. I am going to try it next time with cilantro, cumin, cayenne, and some tomatoes instead of the spinach and Italian seasoning. Might throw some Spanish rice in there as well. Oh, and Monterey and Cheddar instead of Mozerella

I didn't explore Indian food in my younger days, but for the past 20 years or so, I've come to really love it. There's an Indian place about 30min away that does a week day all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, that I try to get to a few times a year. Decent spread and excellent quality!
Potatoes, rice, pasta - they're all called starches in the culinary world. Meat and potatoes, meat and rice, meat and pasta. It's common in just about every culture except those vegan weirdos lol.
Don't forget about breads (baguettes, tortillas, pita, etc).
I love 'em all, so just bring it! 😀

Last edited:
I didn't explore Indian food in my younger days, but for the past 20 years or so, I've come to really love it. There's an Indian place about 30min away that does a week day all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, that I try to get to a few times a year. Decent spread and excellent quality!

Don't forget about breads (baguettes, tortillas, pita, etc).
I love 'em all, so just bring it! 😀
Stop it. You're making me hungry! 😋

I get that, I just never realized how prevalent the potato is in American culture until she pointed it out. I know Asians eat rice with almost every meal because its very obvious from the outside looking in but, I guess cuz i grew up in America I never realized that we do the same thing with potatoes.

Well, it is in our blood. A lot of us have our family tree leading back to Ireland, Scottland, England, etc. It's their fault we like taters so much.

And dammit. Now you guys got me spending money on tater salad. Local deli has some killer salads.

Back