Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course he had dinner! He probably skipped 2nd lunch, though 😁

Our oldest picked up dinner from Chipotle this evening, for her high school fund raiser. I got the sofritas rice bowl. This is the 3rd time I've had Chipotle. Still unimpressed. I'm not sure why they are so popular. Moe's Southwest Grill is so, so much better.
I think there are a lot of vanilla people out there who just think the name is fun to say. I'm with you, just seems a bit bland. 😐

The best meal of 2022 so far.
Started with a few packs of pork ribs in the hot tub at 150 for 2 days, then found a bunch of these in the backyard
20220625_134505.jpg

Sliced, and dry seared, then added shallots, ribs & drippings, some heavy cream, thyme from the backyard,
20220625_122125.jpg
20220625_122134.jpg

and scooped it all over cornbread pancakes
20220625_122130.jpg
20220625_122707.jpg

This is one for the all time list for sure.

Crabcake Factory crabcake sandwich with some Corona! (The beer, not the virus 😂 )

Just finished it...
It was okay. Had better. Was the 1st time trying that restaurant. Still crab meat though....so good.

Getting some Alaskan snow crab legs tomorrow for my bday to pick at and drink some more Coronas! (I don't pick hard shell crabs..only legs.....too much work for so little meat and then you get little cuts on your fingers and the old bay seasoning gets in 'em and burns!)

Love me some crab legs!! 🤤 ✌️
20220625_180354.jpg

The best meal of 2022 so far.
Started with a few packs of pork ribs in the hot tub at 150 for 2 days, then found a bunch of these in the backyard
View attachment 148309
Sliced, and dry seared, then added shallots, ribs & drippings, some heavy cream, thyme from the backyard,
View attachment 148310View attachment 148311
and scooped it all over cornbread pancakes
View attachment 148312View attachment 148313
This is one for the all time list for sure.
Nice!
Crabcake Factory crabcake sandwich with some Corona! (The beer, not the virus 😂 )

Just finished it...
It was okay. Had better. Was the 1st time trying that restaurant. Still crab meat though....so good.

Getting some Alaskan snow crab legs tomorrow for my bday to pick at and drink some more Coronas! (I don't pick hard shell crabs..only legs.....too much work for so little meat and then you get little cuts on your fingers and the old bay seasoning gets in 'em and burns!)

Love me some crab legs!! 🤤 ✌️
View attachment 148327
Heck, yeah!

View attachment 147989
My awesome daughter talked me into stopping for lunch at Nordic because poutine. So while she took down half a mushroom pizza, I had a fancy burger (caramelized onions, bacon, fancy garlicky cheese sauce) with poutine, and a side of- wait for it- poutine. With the obligatory double pendleton on rocks. Today was a good day.
Now that is some awesome looking groceries.
I cheated a little tonight and had a small plate of spaghetti.
Starting tomorrow I am doing an all veggie and fruit week.

I’m from Baltimore and worked the Chesapeake bay pulling crabs. I am a sea food fanatic. Best seafood is either the outer banks of North Carolina or Annapolis Maryland.

I’m from Baltimore and worked the Chesapeake bay pulling crabs. I am a sea food fanatic. Best seafood is either the outer banks of North Carolina or Annapolis Maryland.
O yea!!! Chesapeake blue crabs! Ocean City, MD got some good crabs too! 👍

Ocean city is awesome but to crowded and a bit fast paced for an old guy. Used to go there and tear up the boardwalk, but not anymore.

Ocean city is awesome but to crowded and a bit fast paced for an old guy. Used to go there and tear up the boardwalk, but not anymore.
O I agree 100%! My family owns a condo on beach side...but it's way up near DE-right across from Gold Coast Mall. We only venture down to the boardwalk for the kids sake. Lol I love it here in the off season though. And yeah, I'm not into "fast paced" any longer......unless it's in my car or with an RC!! 😁 🤪✌️

I live in Baltimore. Just went to ocean city last week. North Side park behind the Holiday inn on 123rd street is a great place to take the rcs. I took my slash there.
Crappers!!! Totally forgot about the NS park! I know they have that skate park down by the boardwalk, but we don't travel down there much unless we are hitting up the boardwalk with the kids.

NS park is like 10 blocks from my condo!! Should have brought a rig with me. O well....we come back down in August for a week....so I'll bring it then. Thanks so much for the reminder fellow MDer! ✌️

@Smilinbri Not a seafood fan but it looks good. :) I think cheesecake factory does a lot of things ok, but nothing great. I have been itchin' for some cheesecake though. 🤔
I've been to 2 up here by me, and I've always gotten pretty good food. The key lime cheesecake is my fav!

Susan grabbed a Domino's meat and veggies pizza for a late dinner tonight. Had mine with a Sam Adams Porch Rocker. Dessert was Tillamook Oregon cherry ice cream with color sprinkles.

Last edited:
I've been to 2 up here by me, and I've always gotten pretty good food. The key lime cheesecake is my fav!
Fyi....it was from the CRABcake Factory here at the beach (not Cheesecake-but dats some good sh!t too! 😂 )

Fyi....it was from the CRABcake Factory here at the beach (not Cheesecake-but dats some good sh!t too! 😂 )
I love blue crab, but, man, they are a lot of work when you're cracking them yourself! My favorite crab is dungeoness. Great flavor and a much, much bigger payoff for the work.

I love blue crab, but, man, they are a lot of work when you're cracking them yourself! My favorite crab is dungeoness. Great flavor and a much, much bigger payoff for the work.
I don't pick crabs. Ain't worth my time and effort for that little meat.

I'm all about the crab legs. Had some Dungeoness legs a couple weeks ago at Liberty Road Seafood here in MD. Those are my favorite too!

I don't pick crabs. Ain't worth my time and effort for that little meat.

I'm all about the crab legs. Had some Dungeoness legs a couple weeks ago at Liberty Road Seafood here in MD. Those are my favorite too!
I came from a humble beginning, so when we were lucky enough to have blue crabs, you had to pick your own. Mama wasn't picking crab meat for 7 kids!

here i come with special home made food from last week

fish.jpg

hot smoked fish, fresh own potato from garden, egg, rum sauce

sausage.jpg

Beer Saucage , Pickled Cucumber Mayonaise, smashed potato, rosted union

dumplings.jpg

Home made Asian Dumplings, Chicken

hamb.jpg

Double Cheeseburger with Pineapple

pasta.jpg

Pasta with Tomatosauce, Bacon and cabanossi , Parmesan cheese. Oregano

tacos.jpg

Taco

thai.jpg

Thai Chicken Coconut curry , Jasmine rice, the red stuff is VERY HOT Chilis Sauce, almost like Carolina reaper style, half the strenght, very strong still

pyttis.jpg

Scandinavian special. Pork, Potato, Union, Carrot, Fried Egg, Beetroot slices

And also Alot BBQ ,no photos sorry

Back