Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t yet heard anyone mention Corn Bread.

I bring this up since I’m sure you guys/gals love Corn Bread and if you haven’t had any in a while you better get some as soon as possible.

Several years ago, I used to grow my own sweet corn. Would order special sweet corn seed. A lot of it I would grill then remove it from the cobb and put away in freezer containers (did 17 dozen one summer). It was great, I would be eating grilled corn in February when there would be a blizzard outside. At the end of the season, I would leave a fair number of ears on the stock to let dry on the stock. After some time, I would harvest the dried ears and put them covered downstairs to dry even more. After drying I removed the kernels of corn and placed them in containers. When I wanted, I could grind the Kernels into granular consistency to use in making Corn Bread. The best Corn Bread you’ll ever eat is from sweet corn you’ve grown yourself from personal ordered Super Sweet Sweet Corn. It was like having Corn Bread Cake. I don’t grow my own sweet corn anymore but sure wish I could. I have a recipe that includes whole canned corn kernels in the ingredients which makes it even better. If you’re like me Corn Bread has been a staple and dotted throughout your life. Better get some as soon as possible.

Green Beans next to the corn.
View attachment 187038
View attachment 187039

Guess you can put just about anything in Horchata. I've never had chocolate Horchata before, just the traditional kind. That's up to the individual. And to each his own. Flan is wonderful. And, again, to each his own. If you're not a custard person I can see you not liking it. For me, loooooooooove it!!!!
I used to get fresh cornbread with raisins from the bread shop.

Dinner. Lemon ricotta pie for dessert.
20240401_185606.jpg

Any sunflower seed lovers? I love them and make a blend of inhale seeds, but my wife made me cut them because of the level of sodium, only thing is I need something to snack on and I really want seeds, I found one with a very low sodium called “Chinook” I’ve just never had them before and the only way to get them is like a 12pk, and I don’t want to order 12 and then not like them, so I was wondering if anyone’s ever tried them?
JR

Special K for breakfast
Normal lunch
Another special K for dinner. With pizza garlic bread.

Stayed home from school cause if I did went, I would be running off of 2 hours of sleep and that would not work out properly.

Back