Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an aunt that used to spend a week with us year a couple of years, but now at 85, it's just too much for her to travel back and forth from on that+20hr flight from Vietnam.
She used to feed the heck out of us with traditional Vietnamese foods. One of which is lumpia/egg rolls. She used a combination of ground pork and blue crab meat. EVERYTHING was from scratch! She would retrieved about 2lb of meat from the blue crabs herself! 😮 If anyone has eaten blue crab, you know that it's an arduous task to get the meat.
She would hand roll about 80 of these things! Just unbelievable energy and work ethics. These were accompanied with her awesome sweet lime garlic dipping fish sauce.
You just can't find that kind of meal preparation in restaurants. At least, anywhere I've been to and/or heard of. Her satisfaction is seeing how much we enjoy her food. Sadly, I don't feel I'll ever see those days any longer 😞
I have wanted to go to Vietnam after watching the Top Gear Vietnam special. Such a beautiful country. You should visit her man. Take lots of pics 😉

Sauces are my nemesis. I can make a killer spicy BBQ sauce out of next to nothing, but not really done a lot of other sauces.

I have an aunt that used to spend a week with us year a couple of years, but now at 85, it's just too much for her to travel back and forth from on that+20hr flight from Vietnam.
She used to feed the heck out of us with traditional Vietnamese foods. One of which is lumpia/egg rolls. She used a combination of ground pork and blue crab meat. EVERYTHING was from scratch! She would retrieved about 2lb of meat from the blue crabs herself! 😮 If anyone has eaten blue crab, you know that it's an arduous task to get the meat.
She would hand roll about 80 of these things! Just unbelievable energy and work ethics. These were accompanied with her awesome sweet lime garlic dipping fish sauce.
You just can't find that kind of meal preparation in restaurants. At least, anywhere I've been to and/or heard of. Her satisfaction is seeing how much we enjoy her food. Sadly, I don't feel I'll ever see those days any longer 😞
Pork and crab sounds amazing! My wife uses ground pork and ground beef combo. My wife got lazy in making lumpia a few years back. Instead of buyign traditional lumpia wrappers and making 80 of them now she uses eggroll wrappers and makes like 2 dozen big ones lol

Pork and crab sounds amazing! My wife uses ground pork and ground beef combo. My wife got lazy in making lumpia a few years back. Instead of buyign traditional lumpia wrappers and making 80 of them now she uses eggroll wrappers and makes like 2 dozen big ones lol
That's when you know she's officially Americanized! 😁

We've got a bit of leftovers in the fridge so today has been all about leftovers. Butter curry chicken with rice for lunch. Sausage and veggie sub for dinner.

Looks like tenderloins again!
20211016_132014.jpg

My 14 year pinwheeled him at 170. He reared once and kicked, then staggered about 10 yards and tipped over. It was textbook. I'm so happy my daughter's first speedie went down so gracefully ❤
That is freaking awesome!

That's when you know she's officially Americanized! 😁
Yeah, she is definitely Americanized. Shes got a attitude and a beerbelly now so apart from a bit of broken English she blends right in. 🤣

You guys can't tell her i said that though.... I would like to live to see tomorrow :dead:

My 14 year pinwheeled him at 170. He reared once and kicked, then staggered about 10 yards and tipped over. It was textbook. I'm so happy my daughter's first speedie went down so gracefully ❤
Thats awesome! I'm so hungry now just thinking about it lol

I had to meet some folks in the next town from us to pick up my wife. She just got home from Cali so all I did was swing into Burger King.. :)

It appears I now need to go shoot some ducks to render enough fat to french up some fries for poutine...
Everything taste better fried in duck fat! 😁
I had to meet some folks in the next town from us to pick up my wife. She just got home from Cali so all I did was swing into Burger King.. :)
I've always been a fan of the Whopper. Also, their new spicy chicken sandwich is excellent as well!

We did burgers, haystack onion rings, and poutine for dinner. My burger was horribly overcooked, but the poutine was divine. Poutine IS divine. Thank you Canada 🇨🇦 ! ❤
I've never had poutine but its what, basically fries, cheese curds, and gravy? Not sure if Id like it better than chili cheese fries but I'm sure Id love it!

I broke out the pizza stone, this evening and thtew it on the grill. While they were heating up, I sauteed up onions, red peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and a few small salami rounds we had in the fridge.
Sprinkled Frank's Red Hot as I was chowing it down! Wanted it down with a cold, refreshing Sam Adam's Porch Rocker lager.
1019211824.jpg

Scrounging through the fridge, and found stuff I needed to use up. Veggie pizza for the ladies, and chilli cheese dogs and baked beans for the boy and me.
1021211804_compress16.jpg
1021211813_compress80.jpg

For dinner tonight, my wife made beef stew and yellow mashed potatoes. Plenty of red pepper flakes in mine!
This really hit the spot on this cool fall day!
1024211916_compress89.jpg

Back