Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our friends, from around the corner, made turkey chilli last Friday for a chilli contest last Saturday. She gave us a portion of it. Haven't had it yet, but will soon. I picked up a box of Jiffy corn bread mix today.
Love me some chili! This had turkey and beef. Was more sweet than spicy. :thumbs-up:

Family sized Stouffers mac n cheese and Tyson buff wings for me and the boy, for dinner.
20230312_192341.jpg
20230312_191052.jpg

We went out to Chile's for dinner, we really need to quit going out to dinner. What used to be a relaxing getaway for a nice sit down is now more of a chore. :(

First we waited almost 10 minutes before a hostess showed up to seat us, I was just about to say screw it when she finally showed up. It took almost an hour to get our food. When it arrived Mrs Doom's was cold and we had to send it back. I know there is still a shortage of workers but c'mon, we looked across the way and there was trash under every table. I felt bad for our server, she was very nice and really trying, but I get the feeling management is non existent.

We went early to beat the crowds. I will say, when we finally got our food it was good, but what a fiasco, didn't quite have the "lets treat ourselves to a night out" kind of vibe we were hoping for. This also happened to us last month, when we took my folks out to at a different restaurant. Gotta love the current state of affairs since Covid.

I did get a yummy lava cake though, so it wasn't a total loss. ;)

We went out to Chile's for dinner, we really need to quit going out to dinner. What used to be a relaxing getaway for a nice sit down is now more of a chore. :(

First we waited almost 10 minutes before a hostess showed up to seat us, I was just about to say screw it when she finally showed up. It took almost an hour to get our food. When it arrived Mrs Doom's was cold and we had to send it back. I know there is still a shortage of workers but c'mon, we looked across the way and there was trash under every table. I felt bad for our server, she was very nice and really trying, but I get the feeling management is non existent.

We went early to beat the crowds. I will say, when we finally got our food it was good, but what a fiasco, didn't quite have the "lets treat ourselves to a night out" kind of vibe we were hoping for. This also happened to us last month, when we took my folks out to at a different restaurant. Gotta love the current state of affairs since Covid.

Yeah, that blows!

I haven't been to any restaurant in over 4 years. I order delivery from time to time, but to be honest, I can cook better food at home if I put a little effort in. There is an Indian place here in town I can't compete with though. Omg, it's good.

Yeah I would usually rather eat at home, Mrs. Doom is a hella good cook. But sometimes she deserves a break so we like to go out but it hasn't been working out as intended.
I haven't been to any restaurant in over 4 years. I order delivery from time to time, but to be honest, I can cook better food at home if I put a little effort in. There is an Indian place here in town I can't compete with though. Omg, it's good.

Breakfast this morning was overnight oats, I'd made last night. Rolled oats, milk, vanilla Greek yogurt, chia seeds, peanut butter, dates, shredded coconut, and almond slivers. Very tasty and filling!

I love to cook, but it's hard for me to do it anymore. So I wind up making quick dishes, or things I can cook a little at a time. At least a couple times a month I try to make something I've never made before, but it doesn't always work out that way. Like I have been wanting to try making a couple Indian dishes for a few months now, but I either don't have all the stuff, or I don't have the energy to try. I'd love to make this one...
https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/

I love to cook, but it's hard for me to do it anymore. So I wind up making quick dishes, or things I can cook a little at a time. At least a couple times a month I try to make something I've never made before, but it doesn't always work out that way. Like I have been wanting to try making a couple Indian dishes for a few months now, but I either don't have all the stuff, or I don't have the energy to try. I'd love to make this one...
https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/
I enjoy cooking as well, but even simple recipes requires a bit of time. So, I try to find stuff that is simple and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. That's why I really like using the Instant Pot.

Breakfast this morning was overnight oats, I'd made last night. Rolled oats, milk, vanilla Greek yogurt, chia seeds, peanut butter, dates, shredded coconut, and almond slivers. Very tasty and filling!
Same breakfast this morning as yesterday, but added banana today.
So the regular gummies are killer, definitely some of the best I've had. Not sure I would definitively say theyre the "worlds best" but they are top shelf.
P.S. I hate the pink grapefruit flavor but thats just me.

The sour gummies are good but I'm not super keen on them. They are meant to be sour throughout as opposed to sour at first with a sweet finish from what I understand but its not my preference. Theyre Okay though.

👇These things though? O...M...G... Soooooooooooooo good! Best peach rings ever!
View attachment 161654
My 4.5lb bag of peach rings arrived yesterday. It is good, but overly sweet for my preference. It needed just a little tartness to balance it out for me. Not a deal breaker though. It'll take awhile, but I'll go through it all.

Same breakfast this morning as yesterday, but added banana today.

My 4.5lb bag of peach rings arrived yesterday. It is good, but overly sweet for my preference. It needed just a little tartness to balance it out for me. Not a deal breaker though. It'll take awhile, but I'll go through it all.
Peach rings... 😖🤢🤮

I think @Tunedpipe needs to order a bag of these and let us know how his kinfolk taste...
Screenshot_20230314-084455_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Albanese World's Best Gummi Rainforest Frogs, 5lbs of Candy https://a.co/d/fWKDDTS

Just placed an order. My 5lb bag is coming on Thursday.
I couldn't find any smaller bags of those. They aren't even on their website. Hope they're good!

We had homemade biscuits and gravy this morning and washed it down with a glass of OJ 😋

Making Grey's Asian shrimp for lunch. Will probably do a garlic and onion basmati rice with it, and maybe saute the shrimp with some orange slices and make a sauce.

After a couple of hours of shoveling heavy, slushy snow after getting home from work, Susan made BLT and chicken soup. I passed on the soup. Tillamook peach and cream for dessert.

Back