Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New Year, All! Hope you're not waking up too severely affected by loud noises.

I've lost interest in bringing in the new year celebration thing about 2 decades ago. So, no New Year day hang over for me.

With a well rested mind and body, I enjoyed a large cup of Joe and a simple, yet delicious breakfast this unusually warm, sunny 1/1 morning. Everything bagel with avocado, bacon, and 1/2 of a left over egg.
0101231138.jpg

The wife made some steak tips in some sort of spicy sauce (sauce had a Korean red pepper paste as a base) and it was so good! I ended filling a tortilla shell with the spicy steak, rice, cheese, and lettuce for one heck of a burrito! Gonna eat another one tonight lol!
20221231_171851.jpg

We’re about to head out to the Texas Roadhouse for our youngest daughters 19th birthday. 👌🥳
Haven't been to TRH in years. Used to love going there. I would fill up on the complimentary rolls and cinnamon butter, finished the large salad that came with the steak meal, and then bring home the steak and potato for another meal. The one by me had really gone down in quality.

It's been in the 50's for the past 3 days. Today, I fired up the gas grill to cook up this thick piece of cow. Just salt and pepper, and grilled to medium rare. Sided with 2 "baked" gold potatoes, comes using my new favorite method: cooked in the microwave, coated with oil, rubbed down with salt and pepper, then thrown into the air fryer to crisp up the skin.
0101231729.jpg

I made a really fun breaky for my kiddo with fried apple french toast made from a leftover strawberry donut, bacon, and eggs. He got about two bites in and was telling me how good it was when he dumped the plate as he turned back around. So I made him some regular french toast.

I made a really fun breaky for my kiddo with fried apple french toast made from a leftover strawberry donut, bacon, and eggs. He got about two bites in and was telling me how good it was when he dumped the plate as he turned back around. So I made him some regular french toast.
Doh!

Hard lesson learned: Always hold on to your food with death grip!

Well that sucks!

Back