What weight shock oil and shocks are your running!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whaddup guys,

I'm curious what shocks and what weight oil everyone is running in their Maxx???

I'm currently running the Traxxas Big Bore shocks with the red springs. They're definitley an improvment over the stock plastic shocks but don't offer a big performance gain IME and IMHO for the price. I'll soon be upgrading to rea (kick ass)l "piggy-back" Integy shocks (in purple of course to match all the other damn purple chit on my truck). Apparently Integy is coming out with a new shock design as many of the online retailers I've seen are discouting the Integy's 30-40 bucks.

I've experimented with allot of different oil weights over the past few months with these shocks and I love 70 weight silicone. The 70 weight seems to be the best "all around" oil weight for somone that drives on and off road like myself and still hits the jumps. For big ass mofo jumping 80-100 is nice.

Peace

Damn, no one wants to comment on their shocks and oil weight....lol

for jumping 80-100 wt it a little to much you want like 30 wt for jumping so you dont blow a shock cap off

Originally posted by dougc
for jumping 80-100 wt it a little to much you want like 30 wt for jumping so you dont blow a shock cap off

Sup Dougc (nice sig btw). This seems to be the standard "logic" but I've seen lots of great results to the contrary. My buddy who's the jump king from hell runs 80 wt with light springs with awesome results on his Savage. I occasionally attempt the jumps that he's averaging. I think he runs the hotbodies threaded shocks.

I love the threaded Shocks that OFNA offers but I think I'm gonna go with HSPI or Integy Piggybacks...we'll c.

I run the Integy MSR4 Piggybacks with 35 wt oil in my maxx and have good luck with it....

Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
I run the Integy MSR4 Piggybacks with 35 wt oil in my maxx and have good luck with it....

Sounds cool dude, do you ever have problems with your Piggybakcs leaking or any other issues. I always get the lame ass opinions at some of my LHS's when I inquire about Integy Piggybacks.

Peace

alum bigbores with trinity heavy blue springs. 40wt in rears and 35wt in fronts.

I run stock savage shocks with heavy springs and 35 all around.

Maybe he dont blow a shock because he uses light springs or maybe if lands them right everytime.

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy

Sounds cool dude, do you ever have problems with your Piggybakcs leaking or any other issues. I always get the lame ass opinions at some of my LHS's when I inquire about Integy Piggybacks.

Peace

Well Iam just saying that his spings are WAY too soft the thing almost bottoms out just sitting there. Other than that they leaked alittle but Iam running Hot bodies with 35 weight and yet no problems at all just better cornering.

I put 4 stock springs on and it's fine and the only trouble I had with leaking is when I didn't have everything tightened up Properly.

Originally posted by KoRnKiD

Well Iam just saying that his spings are WAY too soft the thing almost bottoms out just sitting there. Other than that they leaked alittle but Iam running Hot bodies with 35 weight and yet no problems at all just better cornering.

Yep, THe lower weight oils with good springs seem to be ideal for better off and especially on-road cornering.

Peace

I run AE aluminum shocks with aluminum caps. I have a mixed bag of Trinity Blue and Black springs with 60W silicone all around.

my shocks

Currently I'm running AE shocks with RC Raven dual rate springs and a mix of 30wt and 80wt in all the shocks, provides good high speed stability, and enough damping for the smaller jumps.

I used to run a set of Blue Integy MRS4 piggybacks, never had any problems with them leaking, just that the stock springs were a little soft... :dumb:

Back