Best shock weight oil for speed runs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So now I’ve turned my slash 2wd into a speed demon id figure I should change the shock wt what’s the best weight for speed runs? I currently have 60 but that’s the best for bashing

That totally depends on way too many factors for anyone to tell you what is best for your RC. The vehicle weight, tires, road surface, etc will all play a factor in the optimal oil weight. Test and tune is the only way you're going to answer that question.

Last edited:
+1 the above. Additionally, as long as you have the shocks apart for refill, consider changing out the shock pistons while you're about it?

Speed running requires keeping the tires in contact with the surface through the suspension. Impact on the suspension and its attendant need to transfer shock fluid rapidly within the shock is vital to maintaining this surface contact. Keep in mind maybe changing to a piston with more transfer holes in it. E.G., from a stock 2-hole piston to an option 3-hole piston might help in transfer of a heavier weight shock oil.

Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'